Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
anyone else that ordered in october feel like they should've just ordered in december. everyone getting their cars around this time anyway... hopefully lol
Funny enough, I wasn't even originally planning to order until December, anyways. The Sales Associates were pressuring me to order as soon as possible back in late-October/early-November to qualify for EOY delivery due to the "big push". Clearly, that was a stretch.

I'm waiting for my VIN confirmation and I got this very sketchy looking email. Anybody else got it?
Screen-Shot-2019-12-12-at-12-19-36-PM.png

Hi everyone, Arizona, ordered 12/5, no VIN yet (submitted to spreadsheet). Would it be normal to have been contacted by a human by now? I've seen people in this thread talking about speaking to a DA and/or SA, but I don't know if this is expected without having involved a human in the order process.

Timeline
12/5 - order submitted, trade-in info submitted, chose Tesla arranged loan, approved, but since my trade-in had a payoff, the valuation wasn't complete. Timeline showed as delivery in 2-4 weeks before ordering, but changed to 2-3 weeks after ordering
12/6 - Timeline reverted to 2-4 weeks
12/7 - Got an automated text that I needed to choose how to pay or my delivery date could slip, even though the loan payoff hadn't been confirmed yet. Adjusted the loan amount to leave a negative net due near the payoff amount and confirmed the loan
12/8 - Loan payoff confirmed, submitted copy of trade-in registration and proof of insurance
12/9 - Insurance info updated on status page, next step since then has shown as "We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment."
12/12 - Here we are. I'm usually pretty patient, but like many of you, I'm a bit preoccupied :) I really do hope they make Q4.

I hope you are right, they will honor the first quote, but i did run it again yesterday and it did depreciate but not much, im actually positive on price quote if they really honor kbb price, i think its also depending on type of car we owned, i have 2018 accord ex L w nav and i believe it has excellent resale value, if tesla cant deliver it til end of this year i will cancel it as i will lose federal rebate and probably wait for next year hopefully they will reduce the price, just my thought!

I’m sure a lot of us will cancel if we don’t get it by 12/31... cuz based off their past actions, they will drop price due to the rebate being gone........ well, but I’m not sure how much lower they can go, they already took out the floor mats and HomeLink garage opener and the SR+ is under 40k so I dunno... sigh!

If you ordered online, how did you get an advisor or service associate? Was one signed to you?

ordered 11/29

the one I test drove with became my SA, he said since I test drove with him, my info is linked to him, so when I order online they will recognize that he gets the commission.

anyone else that ordered in october feel like they should've just ordered in december. everyone getting their cars around this time anyway... hopefully lol

Yeah, seriously. I feel for the CA people who ordered in Oct..........

Reactions: CruzTM3
@tablan i think the SA's are totally bombarded this whole month, so that may be why there’s no contact...... the guy I test drove with said he would send an email with his info that night, but I never got an email, I ended up calling him at the store after I placed my online order and he said it was just crazy busy so he hasn’t sent the email yet but immediately after he sent the email to me, super generic “welcome to the family” deal with his email and cell phone on it, and a rough checklist of what to do from here on... so yeah I just wonder if they’re just insanely busy so no one has contacted you yet... not sure what’s normal though...