Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received update last night from DA with updated delivery date to Kansas City Service Center of 12/16 (today). It was previously 12/19 (Thursday). Delivery to our home was going to be 5 to 7 days. We leave for Christmas with family 12/22 (Sunday). Seemed to iffy. Taking bus to Kansas City tomorrow for pickup scheduled for 12/18 at 10:30 AM (Wednesday). Baptism by fire starting out my first drive in a new Tesla with a 4-5 hour road trip. At least one Supercharger visit required. They are moving the cars by rail according to the DA.
Congrats! Cool to see a fellow KC pickup happening. I'm still waiting on mine (11/28 order).

If you're going up I29 you should have no problem, even if temps are low. I did that drive in a rental 2013 Model S 75 this summer and it made it to each supercharger in about 70% of its battery. LR AWD should blow that out of the water. It's only about 120miles between those superchargers. Enjoy the ride!

Reactions: voxelman
Received update last night from DA with updated delivery date to Kansas City Service Center of 12/16 (today). It was previously 12/19 (Thursday). Delivery to our home was going to be 5 to 7 days. We leave for Christmas with family 12/22 (Sunday). Seemed to iffy. Taking bus to Kansas City tomorrow for pickup scheduled for 12/18 at 10:30 AM (Wednesday). Baptism by fire starting out my first drive in a new Tesla with a 4-5 hour road trip. At least one Supercharger visit required. They are moving the cars by rail according to the DA.
Good deal. My car isn't showing up to KC until 12/21. We're leaving that day for a week so I guess I'll stick with home delivery and hope that coincides when we get back.

Congrats! Cool to see a fellow KC pickup happening. I'm still waiting on mine (11/28 order).

If you're going up I29 you should have no problem, even if temps are low. I did that drive in a rental 2013 Model S 75 this summer and it made it to each supercharger in about 70% of its battery. LR AWD should blow that out of the water. It's only about 120miles between those superchargers. Enjoy the ride!

Thanks for the encouragement! Not sure of the routing yet. My home is in SE Iowa. Still determining my options.

Reactions: psim3
Ok California people, there continues to be movement! I am in Mission Viejo picking up at Costa Mesa.
Ordered 10/21 Blue/Black LR 19" FSD vin finally appeared. I had just checked the source code and had nothing and decided to download the Vin Finder Chrome extension to avoid the additional step and as soon as it installed, it said I had a vin. Because I didn't believe it because I had just checked not even a minute prior, I double checked the source code and viola...it's there! I called Tesla and they said it's in preproduction and should be delivered by the weekend. Fingers crossed as I will be gone for the year 12/23.

Ordered
Jut got my text! Car is delivering Monday in Littleton CO.

No VIN in source code still. I put a deposit on a Stealth with a VIN sent directly from an SA in the Park Meadows, CO store, on December 5th. When I ordered, the status on the car was still 'Pre-Production' so they must be turning out cars like hot cakes...

VIN 627671

So glad to hear this! We also ordered 12/5 at the Cherry Creek location. After tireless phone calls, finally got a VIN from the Littleton delivery center today. Just awaiting that text!!

Ok California people, there continues to be movement! I am in Mission Viejo picking up at Costa Mesa.
Ordered 10/21 Blue/Black LR 19" FSD vin finally appeared. I had just checked the source code and had nothing and decided to download the Vin Finder Chrome extension to avoid the additional step and as soon as it installed, it said I had a vin. Because I didn't believe it because I had just checked not even a minute prior, I double checked the source code and viola...it's there! I called Tesla and they said it's in preproduction and should be delivered by the weekend. Fingers crossed as I will be gone for the year 12/23.

Costa Mesa DC

Ordered 10/21
White/Blk
19"
FSD

Source VIN: 12/16.

YOUR TURN! :p

I am also at Mission Viejo and picking up at Costa Mesa. Ordered 11/28 and no movement yet on Vin or delivery. Tesla sales reps have been calling if i wanted solar panels. Said No Thanks. Deliver the car first :) and call me back.

Order date: Oct 25 2019
DC:Burbank
They changed my DC to MDR: Dec 12 2019

Dec 16 2019, I recieved an email saying·........

No VIN until now

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191217-002634_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20191217-002634_Messenger.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 58
  • Informative
Reactions: jmcmill and Morris
Wow nice, they must be doing the SR+ first. I have a 10/21 LR AWD order from Carlsbad. Hoping to hear something soon. Been a long wait...
I hope you are right i ordered 10/25 SR+ up until now still no VIN my SA told me, more coming this Wednesday let see what happens, i hope i can get it this week, im going to LA i ll travel with it, i heard that 1 of the best supercharger place is in Harris ranch as it has lounge for tesla owners...fingers cross!

Ordered LR AWD on 12/3 and waited for VIN until yesterday. So I called delivery center (since they open earlier) and was told by rep that if I didn't have a VIN by now, my car likely wouldn't be built this year, and Q1 2020 is going to be mostly Euro cars. So I might not get my car until March/April. However, he was able to match me up with a car that was identical except wheels and I had a VIN 5 mins later.
Not sure why this didn't happen earlier