Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered Jan 5th White/Black/Aero SR+, saw an inventory pop up this morning Black/White/19" SR+, called SA right away and got that one. I was worried because the BC incentive is running out soon, so I just made the decision to have the car at least one month ahead than my original order.
Same here in Quebec, the incentives for the AWD LR will end up at the end of march...
So keep my fingers crossed!
I ordered a LR AWD white, black int, aero, no FSD on jan 22nd.

I'm not impressed that my SA never told me the countdown actually starts when you apply for the loan. My wait time literally restarted at 6 and a half weeks. I now have a 2-6 week window on top of the 7.5 weeks I've been waiting. I know I'll love when the car comes but I'm losing money on my trade in daily, I'm not impressed that I was literally given BAD INFO from my SA, and I'm not impressed that it's possible my wait will be literally double the estimated timeframe when I ordered.

My SA thankfully told me to select the "cash" option even if I did apply for a Tesla loan later on. He knew that it would hold things up.

I got this email yesterday from my advisor that I used when I ordered in store. Also this morning I got a text from the same Tesla number that has been giving me the delivery timing update saying “ Good morning, this is Ted with Tesla. I am getting your account prepared for delivery of your Model 3”. Hopefully that means things are moving.

Hey there Gary!

I just wanted to update you with some news!

Per company directive, we have been given the go ahead to have our customers apply for financing as we are expecting many vehicle arrivals in March!

Those that have completed checkouts will be prioritized for VIN assignment.

I wanted to let you know, that now would be a good time to go ahead and submit your credit / loan application, or agree to your “Cash” option which is the last step in having your profile completed.

It also looks like the last thing I need from you will be Proof of insurance on ANY vehicle in your name. (Does not have to be for the Tesla).

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Cheers,

I got this email yesterday from my advisor that I used when I ordered in store. Also this morning I got a text from the same Tesla number that has been giving me the delivery timing update saying “ Good morning, this is Ted with Tesla. I am getting your account prepared for delivery of your Model 3”. Hopefully that means things are moving.

Hey there Gary!

Per company directive, we have been given the go ahead to have our customers apply for financing as we are expecting many vehicle arrivals in March!

I wanted to let you know, that now would be a good time to go ahead and submit your credit / loan application, or agree to your “Cash” option which is the last step in having your profile completed.

It also looks like the last thing I need from you will be Proof of insurance on ANY vehicle in your name. (Does not have to be for the Tesla).

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Cheers,

Interesting. Wonder if that is just your area for the March arrivals.

Same here in Quebec, the incentives for the AWD LR will end up at the end of march...
So keep my fingers crossed!
I ordered a LR AWD white, black int, aero, no FSD on jan 22nd.

Yeah I know how you feel. I ordered a Silver AWD on the 27th January. There is 2 Testla dealers in the province of Québec. Last saturday night at 10PM One had a blue LR+, the other had a 2019 red AWD and 2020 Red/White AWD. Called in the morning and switched my order. The 2019 red and the blue disappeared during the night.

I got it one month in advance on what I was planning but I rather this than spend the next month stressed. My current car lease end up early april and I would have been running out of time if I could not get one before that date.

@bschmer I went back to the store I ordered at today to find out what’s going on. They said my original trade in quote expired so I gave them a copy of the CarMax quote. Unfortunately that one is going to expire as well, even though I got it when the SA told me to (Jan 22). So now I’m looking at Mar. 4 maybe.. Still too hard for them to give me a solid date, but at least I can ignore spam calls until then.

Hey there Gary!

I received a similar email from my SA today (order placed 1/27).

however, there is no section on the Tesla site referencing insurance. I did previously need to upload copies of drivers license.

I also just completed the trade and financing section two days before getting this email. I wonder if that helped trigger the process to continue.

perhaps insurance requirement differs by state?

@bschmer I went back to the store I ordered at today to find out what’s going on. They said my original trade in quote expired so I gave them a copy of the CarMax quote. Unfortunately that one is going to expire as well, even though I got it when the SA told me to (Jan 22). So now I’m looking at Mar. 4 maybe.. Still too hard for them to give me a solid date, but at least I can ignore spam calls until then.

Wow! So you are looking at a 8 week delivery time? I see we almost have the same spec.

however, there is no section on the Tesla site referencing insurance. I did previously need to upload copies of drivers license.

I also just completed the trade and financing section two days before getting this email. I wonder if that helped trigger the process to continue.

After I got approved for the loan via Tesla, I was asked to provide proof of insurance right after. Been on the same progress for more than a week now.

Yeah, there was no option online for me to upload it either. My SA had me to email it to her. I’d say we’re both dealing with the same Store (that is if you went to a store). I went to the Brentwood Tn store for a test drive and ordered mine while I was there.

Yeah, there was no option online for me to upload it either. My SA had me to email it to her. I’d say we’re both dealing with the same Store (that is if you went to a store). I went to the Brentwood Tn store for a test drive and ordered mine while I was there.

Yes. Working with Brentwood store.

Sent question about insurance to the nashville_ordersupport email. We’ll see what I get back.

I am little confused by the some comments here. I know there are as many opinions (information sources) as there are members but even the initial emails states:
***If you intend on financing or leasing a custom order, wait until a VIN is assigned so that you do not exceed the 30-day window for application approvals.

So why/how could they prioritize people that have their profile "complete".

Reactions: G4Z808
I am little confused by the some comments here. I know there are as many opinions (information sources) as there are members but even the initial emails states:
***If you intend on financing or leasing a custom order, wait until a VIN is assigned so that you do not exceed the 30-day window for application approvals.

So why/how could they prioritize people that have their profile "complete".
The only thing that might change after 30 days is the rate, which would be the same regardless when you applied later after getting a VIN. Our advisor told us to apply and we are def going to be past that mark, but I’ve also seen instances of people being told a completed profile will get preference so **** it..might as well get it complete