Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting that you got your VIN on a Sunday. I was told the only people that work at Tesla on Sundays are some SC's. Congrats!

A few months ago, I think that is how it was. Even when I looked up the Tesla store on Google back then, it would say 'Sundays - closed'. Now, it has hours for both the service center and store itself on Sundays. I have done a couple of test drives of the Model 3 since December and each time, it was on a Sunday.

I am not sure if that varies from store-to-store. Just an FYI, I have been going to the Richmond, VA store.

Reactions: JayAreOhhh
Ordered LR AWD 18", MSM, Black interior on January 26th.

I noticed I received my VIN today in the source code. My SA then emailed me later in the today stating the car can be picked up as early as March 6th. I told him to put me down for that delivery date. Let's see if it holds true... :)

Aww, I ordered the same specs the day before you and I still don't have a VIN in the source code. Hopefully mine'll be up soon...

I read either on this thread or a different thread that all P3D are being made last.
I've heard that as well. It is interesting though, I just was searching through the new inventory across the country and it looks like the East has some P3D's listed new in the NYC & Boston area. That makes me hopeful that they've already started producing them.

I've heard that as well. It is interesting though, I just was searching through the new inventory across the country and it looks like the East has some P3D's listed new in the NYC & Boston area. That makes me hopeful that they've already started producing them.

That is interesting! If there are P3D in the East, means P3D are being made for West? I hope so and I can take in delivery in a manner of time!

Ordered an SR+, blue/black, aero wheels, on 1/14/20. Found VIN in page source today. A step in the right direction.

Went to the local showroom last week and their system showed a "Forecasted Factory Gate date" of 2/22/20 with delivery ETA for 3/2/20. Hoping I can get it before end of the month, so that I do not have to extend my current lease.

Ordered an SR+, blue/black, aero wheels, on 1/14/20. Found VIN in page source today. A step in the right direction.

Went to the local showroom last week and their system showed a "Forecasted Factory Gate date" of 2/22/20 with delivery ETA for 3/2/20. Hoping I can get it before end of the month, so that I do not have to extend my current lease.
If you're going to be that close, you'd probably be better off saving yourself some money and returning your lease and renting a car for a couple of weeks (or days hopefully)!

Have a question. Do I HAVE to accept the home delivery option? I'm a 20 min drive to the Fremont Delivery Hub near the factory and while I'm not OCD with everything, new car issues like misaligned doors and trim, paint, etc drive me nuts. It feels like with a home delivery, it's "here ya' go! BYE!" while the traditional delivery would allow me time to look it over and immediately report (and arrange for repair) of issues. Can I ask my SA to switch to Hub delivery and if so, will this cause a delay (keep in mind I don't have my vin yet).

Speaking of door alignment. They've been building this car since 2017. There are YouTube videos and posts as recently as 1 week ago showing 2020 home deliveries with doors misaligned... and it's not subtle. Our other car is a Kia Niro EV and the build quality is simply amazing... perfect alignment, can't find a thing out of place on it. I'm keeping my expectations low so if the car is fine, I'll be pleasantly surprised. Just want to feel good knowing any issues will be addressed as I drive off (or it's left in the driveway).

Have a question. Do I HAVE to accept the home delivery option? I'm a 20 min drive to the Fremont Delivery Hub near the factory and while I'm not OCD with everything, new car issues like misaligned doors and trim, paint, etc drive me nuts. It feels like with a home delivery, it's "here ya' go! BYE!" while the traditional delivery would allow me time to look it over and immediately report (and arrange for repair) of issues. Can I ask my SA to switch to Hub delivery and if so, will this cause a delay (keep in mind I don't have my vin yet).

Speaking of door alignment. They've been building this car since 2017. There are YouTube videos and posts as recently as 1 week ago showing 2020 home deliveries with doors misaligned... and it's not subtle. Our other car is a Kia Niro EV and the build quality is simply amazing... perfect alignment, can't find a thing out of place on it. I'm keeping my expectations low so if the car is fine, I'll be pleasantly surprised. Just want to feel good knowing any issues will be addressed as I drive off (or it's left in the driveway).

There should be an option on your Tesla account to change where you want to pick it up. If it doesn't show, I do think you SA can bypass it. I even asked my SA if I can collect at the Fremont Factory and she said I could not. Maybe I am more than 200 miles to do so?

Wow, I got another text today for 2-4 weeks. This is really starting to piss me off. Ordered 12/24 with 4-6 week estimate. Estimate changed to 4-7 weeks. Got 1/23 text of 1-5 weeks. Got last week text of 2-4 weeks. Got today text of 2-4 weeks. FFS!!!!
The texts are coming from a team that’s estimating production, and should not be taken as hard timelines. (From my SA)