Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sf bay area here ordered 1/27. Delivery experience so far has been terrible.

Tesla emailed 2/26 to pick a schedule for delivery the same day. I responded within 30 min that we can pick up 4 to 6 pm that day, asking if we could pick up in Fremont - wanting to make sure we do not lose the vehicle. We cancelled all our work appointments thinking we can make this happen. After 2 hours, the delivery call center, I think the team is based in Vegas replied oops sorry we no longer have slots and we can't make this happen. We called our SA. She tried but could not get help from the delivery team. I called the Fremont delivery hub and finally the person there took ownership of this issue and said we can come over 5 pm in Fremont to pick up. Great. We are 40 miles away and it was rush hour. After driving for more than an hour and 4 miles away from the Fremont delivery hub, we got a call that our car had paint defects that was discovered while being detailed. We were given a choice to pick this up and fix later or fix it now and get the car later. We opted for the latter so we don't have to deal with issues after the fact. We are still getting automated messages about delivery that the Fremont contact told us to ignore. So still waiting for our car and hoping its not a lemon.

Got a delivery text today and scheduled the earliest pickup available, on 3/14. I ordered 1/8. No MVPA. VIN in source on 2/27. Haven't heard anything from my delivery coordinator. In Connecticut.
I didn't really hear much of anything between scheduling delivery and the pickup. My delivery got moved up to today but the only real communication that I got was a confirmation call yesterday to make sure that I brought all of the proper stuff to the appointment. I did get an email shortly after the delivery was rescheduled, but that seemed more like they were trying to cover their bases in the event that the car wasn't able to be picked up today, i.e. "There's snow in the forecast which may delay it arriving...."

More data points.

Placed the order on 2/1/202 in Denver CO.
Model 3
Standard Range Plus Rear-Wheel Drive
Deep Blue Metallic Paint
18’’ Aero Wheels
All Black Partial Premium Interior
Autopilot

2/6/202 received this text: "Delivery timing update - we currently expect your Model 3 to be ready for delivery 3 - 6 weeks from today. We will provide further updates as the estimated build date gets closer and the time range narrows. Customers who have completed all tasks in their Tesla Account will receive priority for their order, so this estimated timing may shift. Any delays in completing these tasks may delay your delivery timing."

2/23/2020 received this text: "Delivery timing update - we now expect your Model 3 to be built in the next 2 weeks."

2/24/2020 received this text: "Delivery timing update - we now expect your Model 3 to be ready for delivery 2 - 4 weeks from today."

2/29/2020 VIN is source code shows up.

Ordered P3D on 1/12 with an 8-11 week estimate.

2/24 - “ready for delivery 2-5 weeks from today” text.
2/29 - VIN in source.

Delivery to Portland, OR

No MVPA in the account yet. We will see if anything changes tomorrow.