Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glad to hear some are moving quicker.

Ordered LR, blue, with FSD black interior, 18" wheels on June 24 (after the price drop, before the FSD price increase). Showed 8-12 weeks. No VIN yet. Not sure what the source code is, but there's nothing I can find.

Although I see today delivery is down to 5-9 weeks here for a new order.

You should probably have a VIN by now for a June 24th order. On your order page, right click on and click on View Page Source. Then go to edit--> find and search for 5YJ to see if a VIN exists in your code.

Glad to hear some are moving quicker.

Ordered LR, blue, with FSD black interior, 18" wheels on June 24 (after the price drop, before the FSD price increase). Showed 8-12 weeks. No VIN yet. Not sure what the source code is, but there's nothing I can find.

Although I see today delivery is down to 5-9 weeks here for a new order.
Thanks for sharing. We almost have the same configuration, except I'm in Texas and I've just got autopilot; however, I've been contemplating upgrading to FSD. I've had a 4-8 week estimated delivery ever since I placed my order on July 17th. Keep us posted if you see any VIN movement. I'm just taking an educated guess that since you placed your order several weeks before mine, you'll get VIN first as well.

Ordered LR AWD white paint, 18" aeros, black interior, tow bar, on 7/16 (I had ordered SR+ on 7/4 but changed my mind).
Today I got a call, in theory they assigned me a VIN, but when I got home and checked, it is not there (neither in source code). In theory it is sailing now to the Panama Canal, estimaded delivery (in Barcelona SC) does show in the reservation, 8/27 (wrong weekday, though... it says Saturday but 8/27 is a Thursday!).
Changes: I now have the VIN nr (from 7/27), and delivery date has been corrected, it should now be 8/17

Any idea if US production models will begin Aug1? Or, is it just speculation? I understand they have a unique way of fulfilling orders.

July 5th Performance order no VIN (8-12 weeks) but ordering today shows much shorter lead times (5-9 weeks) in the Northeast.

I’m wondering this too. Doesn’t look like a single custom order was built & delivered to a US customer in the month of July.

Reactions: Bhewks
Placed my order for a LR AWD White exterior/ black interior w/ 18s on 7/15. I got a text from the dealership on 7/24 welcoming me to the "Tesla Family" but no additional information. Was hoping based on other LR AWD orders earlier in the year that I would have a VIN by now but no such luck. My quoted estimated was 4-8 weeks for delivery to NJ.

I just saw a change to my user page to make necessary payments. Pretty much as soon as I paid I had my MVPA ready to download with a my VIN on it! Ordered 7/11/20 (4-8 wk wait on site at time of order) from Brentwood, TN Tesla location. Looks like they're getting ready to send a batch out!

Congrats! That's awesome. I'm a week behind you in order date. What's your car config?

Hi everyone, first post but just a heads up. I submitted an order on 7/11 for a LR-AWD White/White with Sport Wheel for delivery at the Fremont Factory and finally received a VIN today. If you also ordered around the same time frame, your wait is almost over! Hang in there ('cause I almost gave up).

Hi everyone, first post but just a heads up. I submitted an order on 7/11 for a LR-AWD White/White with Sport Wheel for delivery at the Fremont Factory and finally received a VIN today. If you also ordered around the same time frame, your wait is almost over! Hang in there ('cause I almost gave up).

Congrats! I have the same config with a 7/15 order date so hopefully I’m right behind you. How did you find out your VIN?

I got a far
Congrats! I have the same config with a 7/15 order date so hopefully I’m right behind you. How did you find out your VIN?

I received a email to schedule delivery for Thursday 8/6, with a bunch of final payment details. The VIN showed on my Tesla account and I also received a text from the delivery center. The waiting period was stressful and this is even more stressful, but also very exciting. I'm still trying to get ahold of my sales advisor to iron out some last minute questions, so fingers crossed I can get that taken care of soon!

Somewhat related--on my drive into San Francisco this morning, I did see a semi loaded up with all white 3 and Ys. This could indicate that the Fremont factory is has finally restarted North American production.