Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received my VIN and confirmation that the car would be shipped out soon about 20 minutes ago via text message. Last contact was a 1-4 week delivery notice text message last Weds (8/19/20). SA confirmed shipping to the Princeton dealership is ~12-14 days on average. Hoping to take delivery by the end of next week, fingers crossed!

Order date: 8/11/20 (quoted 3-7 week timeframe at time of order)
Config: P3D white, black interior, 20” performance wheels, w/o FSD
Shipping to: NJ

Received my VIN and confirmation that the car would be shipped out soon about 20 minutes ago via text message. Last contact was a 1-4 week delivery notice text message last Weds (8/19/20). SA confirmed shipping to the Princeton dealership is ~12-14 days on average. Hoping to take delivery by the end of next week, fingers crossed!

Order date: 8/11/20 (quoted 3-7 week timeframe at time of order)
Config: P3D white, black interior, 20” performance wheels, w/o FSD
Shipping to: NJ

We got the exact same car in NJ! except I ordered on 08/03. my VIN is 7845XX

Great news! Ordered on August 2nd, SR+, pearl white with black interior and 18” wheels.

Estimated 4-8 weeks delivery and just got a text this morning to schedule pickup. Called the Tesla and was advised it is on a truck driving through Washington state and will arrive locally tomorrow. Pickup on the 30th! Pretty excited!

Interesting enough..... I originally asked to pick up on the 3rd (am a shift worker and the 30th falls mid shift) but was told that the car could only be held for 3 days until the 31st. The advisor stated that if I could not pick it up by then they would have to give the car to next person on the list, what I was told was they have so many vehicles coming in they cannot hold long.

I asked and they said the car was originally destined for a different owner but something came up, it was available and I was next on the list.

Very interesting way of doing things!

Reactions: HTWOMS
Just got on another live chat, I definitely think California deliveries are set for mid to late September! They have no information on my 2 month old reservation just saying that I could expect another update in 1-2 weeks through the automated texts. Don’t know if it’s worth asking the advisor again truthfully, wish I could sleep until the 30th of September or had the money for the P3D+ in inventory they just uploaded! Oh well just one more month and it'll all be over.

Great news! Ordered on August 2nd, SR+, pearl white with black interior and 18” wheels.

Estimated 4-8 weeks delivery and just got a text this morning to schedule pickup. Called the Tesla and was advised it is on a truck driving through Washington state and will arrive locally tomorrow. Pickup on the 30th! Pretty excited!

Interesting enough..... I originally asked to pick up on the 3rd (am a shift worker and the 30th falls mid shift) but was told that the car could only be held for 3 days until the 31st. The advisor stated that if I could not pick it up by then they would have to give the car to next person on the list, what I was told was they have so many vehicles coming in they cannot hold long.

I asked and they said the car was originally destined for a different owner but something came up, it was available and I was next on the list.

Very interesting way of doing things!

Wow I'm jealous. It's passing right by me in Seattle area. I ordered 8/6 and keep hoping to be be a lucky one and get it early. I checked Wednesday with my SA and it sounds like I have at least a couple more weeks to go.

I think the SoCal vehicles will start shipping the 2nd and 3rd weeks of September. They are probably trying to get the east coast and mid-west vehicles shipped out on trains now.
Remember, they are highly focused on getting the maximum number of cars delivered to customers by midnight September 30 for the quarterly earnings report. This is exactly the same scenario that happened at the end of June. The last week of June they even offered customers 1 year of free supercharging if they accepted delivery before midnight June 30.

I travel up and down the 5 fwy and 101 fwy from the San Fernando valley to central California often. I saw so many car haulers with Teslas during the whole month of June. Each day I would see a dozen. I expect to see the same in September.

I have noticed that the Performance Model 3 are getting delivered a week or 2 faster than other packages.
I ordered LR AWD on 7/21, still no vin. Just a text on 8/25 saying it would be 2-4 weeks.

• Love
Reactions: Alura and HarpoonS