Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
07/28 Order (estimated delivery time 5-9 weeks)
08/20 Text "we are planning to deliver your model 3 soon, but you need to select blue submit button"
08/25 Text for 2-4 weeks

Nothing since and no VIN

I'm located in Fairfax Virginia and ordered a LR AWD Red/white interior, 19 inch sport wheels and no FSD

Interesting seeing others receiving their model 3's who ordered after I did. Difficult to figure out the Tesla process.

Did anyone randomly get a $20 "Online Systems Filing Fee" in the payment breakdown? I noticed my down payment increased by $20 from yesterday to today. I'm located in VA, it could be something with VA titling too just curious if anyone else got that.
Maybe a Virginia thing?

I noticed the following after I submitted my financing information:

Online Systems Filing Fee $19.99

Asked my advisor about it and this was his reply:

"There is a $19.99 online loan processing fee that banks added on our orders about 6 months back, if doing the math, that likely is the cause for this extra piece. We will look at this together on your final contract when it is produced, just to make sure it's notated correctly. "

Maybe a Virginia thing?

I noticed the following after I submitted my financing information:

Online Systems Filing Fee $19.99

Asked my advisor about it and this was his reply:

"There is a $19.99 online loan processing fee that banks added on our orders about 6 months back, if doing the math, that likely is the cause for this extra piece. We will look at this together on your final contract when it is produced, just to make sure it's notated correctly. "

I did some googling after I posted it. I think has something to do with the VA DMV. https://www.dmv.virginia.gov/webdoc/pdf/dmv25.pdf

Hopefully we both get our cars soon!

Red LR AWD, black interior, 19", FSD ordered 7/18.

Received delivery estimate texts 8/6 and 8/19. Called SA today, VIN has just been assigned. Nothing has updated on website as of yet. Delivery rep gave me a soft ETA for 9/18 but that my car is still in production. So pretty much, the full 8 week wait here but there is still a stupid grin on this face.

Reactions: ropogigio724
Red LR AWD, black interior, 19", FSD ordered 7/18.

Received delivery estimate texts 8/6 and 8/19. Called SA today, VIN has just been assigned. Nothing has updated on website as of yet. Delivery rep gave me a soft ETA for 9/18 but that my car is still in production. So pretty much, the full 8 week wait here but there is still a stupid grin on this face.
I actually think I’m going to be over the original 8 weeks unless they can ship a car to FL in a week or it’s almost here and they haven’t told me anything haha
Just got my VIN number through Live Chat!

Order Date: 8/9
Config: LR AWD White/Black 18" Autopilot

just did the same, they did not give my vin but confirmed I was assigned one and that my page would update when the car is on the last leg of shipping along with details on how to setup delivery date.

Decided to give it a try and did the chat. Told me I have a vin assigned! This is what they told me.
“Congratulations! Your order has been assigned a VIN. Once your vehicle approaches its final transit leg, you should receive a text message with instructions for scheduling your delivery appointment. Your VIN will be reflected in your Tesla account once your delivery appointment has been scheduled.”

this is very exciting, finally some movement!

Just got a call from my SA to confirm that I got my vin. She said that it is still in California and just got done from production. Once it gets closer to PA I will get a text to schedule delivery and she said ETA right now is 9/19 but could be sooner, after that she texted my VIN! Very happy now that I know I have an actual car coming!

Last edited:
TY and congrats! Then I should probably be getting one soon as well. But I’m hearing about battery day, and the cars after the 22nd May come with new features? I’m not sure if I should postpone my delivery date. I don’t know what that is, but I’m waiting to hear some info on it in another thread.

There are a few changes that are coming but there is no way of knowing when they will all be added. Probably some will be added over the next 3 months. I would assume all changes would be completed be end of year.
But none of these changes are related to the Battery Day presentation. Things discussed on battery day will be for Tesla's manufactured in the next few years. Like new battery manufacturing technology...

In June 2020 the Model 3 started to come with a wireless phone charger and 2 USB-C ports in the rear.
In August 2020 Model 3s arrived with a smaller frunk compartment.

Future changes are rumored to include:
Redesigned headlights
black trim (like like the Model Y)
Rear truck electric lift
possible addition of the heat pump (like the model Y)

There is no way to know when these changes will actually be completed and delivered, so I decided to just keep my current order as is and hope it is delivered ASAP.

• Helpful
Reactions: RedWhite19
Just got my VIN number through Live Chat!

Order Date: 8/9
Config: LR AWD White/Black 18" Autopilot
Congrats! I wonder if my order of red on 7/28 is one they do last........Not a biggie as I'm redoing my garage with plans to be done by mid september but still filled with anticipation. I'm assuming you'll be picking up at the Tysons/Vienna site. Busy place, interested in how it all goes. Best of luck

Congrats! I wonder if my order of red on 7/28 is one they do last........Not a biggie as I'm redoing my garage with plans to be done by mid september but still filled with anticipation. I'm assuming you'll be picking up at the Tysons/Vienna site. Busy place, interested in how it all goes. Best of luck

Yeah Picking up in Tysons, The test drive was nowhere near no contact so I'm assuming the pickup won't be. Hopefully you're on the same truck. When I called to see if I could schedule delivery they said I would get the text in about 10 days, so I wouldn't have known my VIN until then.

How did you get live chat to pop up?

I've had luck going into the Model X current inventory and it pops up in the bottom right. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't