Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Almost flawless delivery! If I had not had my 2 OCD sons with me it would have been much faster. Tiny adjustment made to trunk, a piece of tape trimmed or tucked in underneath(not sure what they decided to do) and center door in center console was replaced for a tiny scratch. Overall my fears after reading other delivery stories were completely unfounded.

Reactions: beckom222
Well went to take delivery today at 3pm and my excitement was quickly shattered. After meeting with my advisor and him checking out all the issues I found (scratches, paint problems, residue on interior, and the worst a chemical that looked like it had been baked into the windshield) he got the manager and they wouldnt even allow me to take delivery. Not that I would have but I literally stood there crushed. They said they had never seen a model 3 come in that bad. Nothing they tried got the stuff off the window. He said the windshield would have to be replaced. Also body shop it was going for all the scratches and paint problems. So Barry which was the bomb in Roswell stepped up and had a solution by the time he came back to us. Exact match in Decatur. I would either take that one or go back in the line up for another. So I said I’ll take it. He had to tell me I wasn’t getting it today they would have to call with delivery date. I’m not gonna lie I left in tears but not that he could see wasn’t his fault. He called me before I could get out of the parking lot good and said they had talked with the Decatur manager and they said they would wait and I could go straight there. You don’t know how happy that made me. Anyway got to Decatur and the car was perfect. Both places made sure I was a happy girl at the end of the day. I do think if the detail people in Roswell would have looked into the issues with the car they could have prevented 2 hours of stress but in the end in a rare wing and a prayer I got the exact car tonight!!! I’m in love!
D0BBDB6D-406B-4016-A449-BEEA83ABCABB.jpeg
5FCAACB7-88B3-420D-B300-60213D49B685.jpeg
0AC4AAC7-C0AD-41DE-ACB5-0582F7F5CB7D.jpeg
still getting use to it but can’t say enough about how hard they worked to make it right.

Well went to take delivery today at 3pm and my excitement was quickly shattered. After meeting with my advisor and him checking out all the issues I found (scratches, paint problems, residue on interior, and the worst a chemical that looked like it had been baked into the windshield) he got the manager and they wouldnt even allow me to take delivery. Not that I would have but I literally stood there crushed. They said they had never seen a model 3 come in that bad. Nothing they tried got the stuff off the window. He said the windshield would have to be replaced. Also body shop it was going for all the scratches and paint problems. So Barry which was the bomb in Roswell stepped up and had a solution by the time he came back to us. Exact match in Decatur. I would either take that one or go back in the line up for another. So I said I’ll take it. He had to tell me I wasn’t getting it today they would have to call with delivery date. I’m not gonna lie I left in tears but not that he could see wasn’t his fault. He called me before I could get out of the parking lot good and said they had talked with the Decatur manager and they said they would wait and I could go straight there. You don’t know how happy that made me. Anyway got to Decatur and the car was perfect. Both places made sure I was a happy girl at the end of the day. I do think if the detail people in Roswell would have looked into the issues with the car they could have prevented 2 hours of stress but in the end in a rare wing and a prayer I got the exact car tonight!!! I’m in love! View attachment 590074 View attachment 590075 View attachment 590076 still getting use to it but can’t say enough about how hard they worked to make it right.
I'm glad that got you right in the end! I'm surprised they didn't catch the issue with the windshield before you got there!

I'm glad that got you right in the end! I'm surprised they didn't catch the issue with the windshield before you got there!
I really am also but I think my SA thought it was sticker residue and that it would clean right off. The detail should have noticed it for sure. They were spitting those cars out so fast I guess they didn’t expect it so didn’t even look. Glad it’s all behind me and I absolutely love my car. Congrats on yours!

Well went to take delivery today at 3pm and my excitement was quickly shattered. After meeting with my advisor and him checking out all the issues I found (scratches, paint problems, residue on interior, and the worst a chemical that looked like it had been baked into the windshield) he got the manager and they wouldnt even allow me to take delivery. Not that I would have but I literally stood there crushed. They said they had never seen a model 3 come in that bad. Nothing they tried got the stuff off the window. He said the windshield would have to be replaced. Also body shop it was going for all the scratches and paint problems. So Barry which was the bomb in Roswell stepped up and had a solution by the time he came back to us. Exact match in Decatur. I would either take that one or go back in the line up for another. So I said I’ll take it. He had to tell me I wasn’t getting it today they would have to call with delivery date. I’m not gonna lie I left in tears but not that he could see wasn’t his fault. He called me before I could get out of the parking lot good and said they had talked with the Decatur manager and they said they would wait and I could go straight there. You don’t know how happy that made me. Anyway got to Decatur and the car was perfect. Both places made sure I was a happy girl at the end of the day. I do think if the detail people in Roswell would have looked into the issues with the car they could have prevented 2 hours of stress but in the end in a rare wing and a prayer I got the exact car tonight!!! I’m in love! View attachment 590074 View attachment 590075 View attachment 590076 still getting use to it but can’t say enough about how hard they worked to make it right.

shocking there was that much wrong and they tried to give it to you? They are telling me it will take a additional day in Tampa after cars arrive for detailing and spot checking before they allow pickup, did they not do that at your location?

shocking there was that much wrong and they tried to give it to you? They are telling me it will take a additional day in Tampa after cars arrive for detailing and spot checking before they allow pickup, did they not do that at your location?
It came in at 7:05pm Friday and they called me at 10:30am on Saturday and said it was ready. I had to work till 1pm so I had to keep my original 3:00pm slot. I’m not sure if that car even went thru detailing. It was horrible. Worst nightmare came to play right there. Some of the issues the cleaning or buffing did work but still 4 problems with the paint, the windshield was horrible and the stuff on the interior in places didn’t come off. I don’t know what happened. But it wasn’t acceptable. To me I did feel like they felt like it was all just detailing fixes until I was like try to get it off and it didn’t.
I was crushed. 7 weeks waiting and I was let down. They didn’t even have a charger in the car. I saw so many people jumping in there cars syncing their app and drive off. Which was crazy to me. I couldn’t even believe they didn’t at least walk around it open the frunk and trunk. I’m telling you that checklist on this site was a great thing everyone should take. I mean grant it the windshield no one could miss that was picking up. You couldnt see out of the passengers side windshield. But some things on that checklist I wouldn’t have thought of and it made me see some of the interior stuff I wouldn’t have looked at. Once it didn’t come off though my guy stepped up. I don’t know who did the wrong but he certainly made it right and I just am gonna focus on that. Good luck on your car and I hope everything is perfect!!!

Good to hear good reports on delivery. CONGRATS ! Now go and Burn some of those electrons.. Enjoy you new addition.

• Love
Reactions: beckom222
Got my Model 3 SR+ Blue/Black on Saturday, mostly pretty OK, just noticed small mis-aligned trunk arm gaps, and a few paint bubbles on the left rocker near rear end.
Surprised with Wireless charging installed on the USB-C port, and other is a USB A port.
So far so good.