Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla did not allow you to transfer reservations of S or X. Assuming it is under your MyTesla account, the only 'workaround' to that is not an option - which was to change all the details on the account. So if you get interest, I'd check whether there is any way to actually do this before you get too far down the path.

This is my third Tesla so I am not sure if that counts towards the waiting list. I know my buddy in Central Jersey also received his go ahead last week.

I just called Tesla, they have great help/tech support. The guy assured me that it is easy to do. At the time we log into my MyTesla Account, go into the 'Design Studio' and it will ask me 'Who will be the registered owner. He said that name will have to match the name on /if there's a finance company involved. At that point the buyer setups a MyTesla Account and the Vehicle Reservation is moved from me to the buyer.

This is my third Tesla so I am not sure if that counts towards the waiting list. I know my buddy in Central Jersey also received his go ahead last week.

I just called Tesla, they have great help/tech support. The guy assured me that it is easy to do. At the time we log into my MyTesla Account, go into the 'Design Studio' and it will ask me 'Who will be the registered owner. He said that name will have to match the name on /if there's a finance company involved. At that point the buyer setups a MyTesla Account and the Vehicle Reservation is moved from me to the buyer.
Wow, that's a big change of policy compared to the S and X reservations.