Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Ordered

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw you are in Grapevine, I am in Frisco.

We just ordered last night after delaying for 2 weeks to get my S sold.

Southlake has a 3 on display starting today so we are going to check it out. Enjoy!

Yep - just saw that. Will definitely be checking it out. I am hoping they offer test drives some time in the next few months...at least to folks who have received configuration invites!

Reactions: Cnasty
We ordered ours on Jan 18, also didn't get the email (and still haven't). No VIN seems to have been assigned yet (I assume they still do that), but hopefully will be here in a few weeks! For now it's my wife's car, but suspect it'll become mine, and the S will get traded out for an X, as we're losing an SUV to get the 3.

order conf.jpg

We ordered ours on Jan 18, also didn't get the email (and still haven't). No VIN seems to have been assigned yet (I assume they still do that), but hopefully will be here in a few weeks! For now it's my wife's car, but suspect it'll become mine, and the S will get traded out for an X, as we're losing an SUV to get the 3.

View attachment 276090

Haven’t gotten one email or anything in 2 days. Seeing you not have anything in 9 makes me feel a little better.

We almost got the same car! Congrats and keep us posted on the steps. Mine said 4 weeks.

View attachment 275474
Order placed on 1/20. Never got an email "Invite" but was logged into my account and noticed the ability to order. Check your accounts; you may be ready to order. Same 4-week estimate.

Order placed online first day. Model S owner (149K miles). I liked the blue better, but our S is the original DEEP blue which I love.
We had that deep blue Model S as our first Tesla - LOVED that color. Congrats on the configure, looks like Texas is on the move!

Congrats!

I have enjoyed your informative posts over the years. You are well deserved to have an early 3 in Texas.

This is the exact configuration I plan to order. Post or PM if you are headed to the Houston area for any reason. I would be more than happy to treat for a meal or something to see it in person before I configure.

P.S. Same goes for anyone in Houston that gets a 3 soon, especially this config.
Thx, though not scheduled to head your way soon, if that changes I'm happy to meet up.

Whenever we've received a new Tesla we've had a delivery party - I'll send you an invite and if you want to make a Saturday of it, come on over to San Antonio. Some Saturday in February is my best guess for now!

Houston Gallaria has a Model 3 for viewing starting today.

The promo email rendered it in white, but not sure if that is the actual color.

I am booked solid until next Thursday, so can’t get down there. If anyone swings by there post a picture or at least let us know the config and VIN.

Attachments

• CDE77BF4-4B4F-4CC2-AC15-B70374E2EF98.png
    CDE77BF4-4B4F-4CC2-AC15-B70374E2EF98.png
    540 KB · Views: 45
Thx, though not scheduled to head your way soon, if that changes I'm happy to meet up.

Whenever we've received a new Tesla we've had a delivery party - I'll send you an invite and if you want to make a Saturday of it, come on over to San Antonio. Some Saturday in February is my best guess for now!

Thanks for the offer. I have a bunch of work travel coming up, but I would be tempted to try making the trip. Let me know what the date it ends up being.

Houston Gallaria has a Model 3 for viewing starting today.

The promo email rendered it in white, but not sure if that is the actual color.

I am booked solid until next Thursday, so can’t get down there. If anyone swings by there post a picture or at least let us know the config and VIN.
My guess it will be midnight silver. Almost ever showroom 3 I've seen so far in pictures has been that, with the exception of one (maybe two) multicoat red.

I have a VIN! JF0070XX. I don't recall checking Thursday or Friday, but got an email overnight and logged in to see the good news.

The email that I received leaves me with questions/concerns this morning. It honestly looks like it came from a Nigerian prince needing me to do him a favor in order to free up $20 million that he will split with me. I'm anxiously waiting for 11am to call the main Tesla sales team number to confirm.

Regarding the email: It arrived at 4:53 am from a someone in Las Vegas. That is 2:53 in Vegas, and it did not appear at all like an email scheduled for future delivery. The email did show a tesla.com email address, however the office phone number does not match any known Tesla numbers.

The body of the email states:

"My name is Anthony, I am with the Model 3 team at Tesla Motors. I am very excited to announce that I will be your Model 3 representative and look forward to helping you take delivery of your Model 3. Before you can take delivery of your vehicle, we will need to collect and confirm some information. The sooner we collect and confirm this information the sooner you can take delivery of your Tesla!"

It just seems so fishy/phishy. I googled the name, and I do find a LinkedIn Profile that shows 6 months as a "Sales Advisor" for Tesla in Vegas. Young kid with a limited sales and event management resume.

I'm sure I'm just being paranoid, and he was dutifully taking care of his email inbox when he got home from a Friday night in Vegas. Nonetheless, I'm calling the main number from the website before clicking reply to that email.

Any thoughts?
Andy

Last edited: