Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Ordering/Payment Issue - Help/Advice needed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, Newbie member here who is at his wit's end.
Long post, so apologies in advance.

I'm hoping someone can help me. I have been attempting to order a Model 3 since 1 pm yesterday. Once I have filled in the order form and pressed the order button to pay my £100 ordering fee I get a message saying that the payment has been declined and to try another payment method.

I've spoken to my credit card company to find out why the payment had been declined, and they confirmed that no attempt had been made to collect payment and that the issue must have been with the website.
So I then completed the form again and this time used my bank debit card, same error message 😡

So I got onto the chat option on the Tesla website, the girl recommended that I delete cookies and the history and attempt again. You've guessed it, same error message.
It was back onto the chat again and this time the gentleman said he could order on my behalf, took my details and attempted to place the order, he got the same error message. He said he would raise it to IT and get back to me, but to keep trying.
About half an hour later I got a call from Tesla at the Trafford Centre saying they believe I was having issues ordering a car. So I popped to the showroom and we attempted to order from there, same error messages.
We tried inputting the information in different ways, to no avail.
So everyone I had spoken to was baffled and unable to resolve the situation.
The salesman suggested I attempted later that day and or this morning.

So this morning I have attempted again and still got the error message. Payment declined. Please try a different payment method.

So back on to chat once again, this time the gentleman had the idea of ordering one from the inventory and then once that order showed up to change the order details. Again the same error message.
I've tried using my wife's cards, still getting the error. So because our cards are affiliated with Mastercard I thought that this could be the issue. So I rang my mum and asked her could I use her card details (she's with Visa) this didn't work and I am still getting the same error message.

At the dealership yesterday the guy thought the issue was with my address and asked if it was a new build. It's not and the house is over 20 years old. I have even created a new email address thinking that could be the issue. No success.
I've even attempted to pay via Apple pay, again the same error message.
I'm/We are totally baffled, the guy this afternoon is going to raise it to the IT department at Tesla.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues when ordering, if so how did you overcome them.
Has anyone got any ideas of other things to attempt?

Based on how certain things are phrased in your post, I am guessing you are not in the US, so am moving your post to the UK and Ireland subforum as perhaps there is something specific to ordering internationally that is different.

I'm hoping someone can help me. I have been attempting to order a Model 3 since 1 pm yesterday. Once I have filled in the order form and pressed the order button to pay my £100 ordering fee I get a message saying that the payment has been declined and to try another payment method.

I've spoken to my credit card company to find out why the payment had been declined, and they confirmed that no attempt had been made to collect payment and that the issue must have been with the website.
So I then completed the form again and this time used my bank debit card, same error message 😡

So I got onto the chat option on the Tesla website, the girl recommended that I delete cookies and the history and attempt again. You've guessed it, same error message.
It was back onto the chat again and this time the gentleman said he could order on my behalf, took my details and attempted to place the order, he got the same error message. He said he would raise it to IT and get back to me, but to keep trying.
About half an hour later I got a call from Tesla at the Trafford Centre saying they believe I was having issues ordering a car. So I popped to the showroom and we attempted to order from there, same error messages.

So this morning I have attempted again and still got the error message. Payment declined. Please try a different payment method.

So back on to chat once again, this time the gentleman had the idea of ordering one from the inventory and then once that order showed up to change the order details. Again the same error message.
I've tried using my wife's cards, still getting the error. So because our cards are affiliated with Mastercard I thought that this could be the issue. So I rang my mum and asked her could I use her card details (she's with Visa) this didn't work and I am still getting the same error message.

At the dealership yesterday the guy thought the issue was with my address and asked if it was a new build. It's not and the house is over 20 years old. I have even created a new email address thinking that could be the issue. No success.
I'm/We are totally baffled, the guy this afternoon is going to raise it to the IT department at Tesla.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues when ordering, if so how did you overcome them.
Try different card?

Maybe you just enter wrong numbers?

Do you have a banking app? I have Natwest and had a similar problem, i'd forgotten i'd disabled online payments, once i unticked the box, all was well.

I actually had EXACTLY the same problem. I tried about 20 times on my credit card and was pulling my hair out. Had completely forgotten that I'd disabled online payments.

Makes me feel a little better about it :)

1 year later has this been figured out? Im having the exact same problem but with a model Y