Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
has anyone on here been made aware of anymore deliveries being made?
Seems to have gone really quite now the end of quarter has been reached.

Trying to get a feel for when or if i will get mine that was cancelled last friday.
Last thing i was told was the port was shut.

DrBobM had his Model S delivered by Bristol yesterday in that thread but that would've been organised before quarter end and was personally delivered by Bristol staff I believe. Hoping for some kind of communication today as that's what the chap in Amsterdam told me. Mine escaped from the port though so that may also change things.

There's a temptation to be cheeky and call AC Binns to see if they have had any more bookings...

DrBobM had his Model S delivered by Bristol yesterday in that thread but that would've been organised before quarter end and was personally delivered by Bristol staff I believe. Hoping for some kind of communication today as that's what the chap in Amsterdam told me. Mine escaped from the port though so that may also change things.

There's a temptation to be cheeky and call AC Binns to see if they have had any more bookings...
Well if you get anywhere tell them to sling mine on the back please as not far from you in, just the other side of market harborough.

Reactions: Matt2000
Well if you get anywhere tell them to sling mine on the back please as not far from you in, just the other side of market harborough.

I'm in Harborough so if they had both it would be great, however it sounds like they're in different parts of the country for some reason.

I called Binns anyway and the chap was happy to talk, Tesla's last booking with them was the 31st (no surprise) and they apparently couldn't get the budget for anything after that, instead switching to staff-driven deliveries like the one we know of in Bristol. He would've quite happily taken on the job as they have trailers available and suggested I talk to Birmingham.

I called Birmingham and was put through to Amsterdam without realising, this chap was less useful that the one the other day - he didn't correct me when I told him that my car was on his site in Brum and I'm calling about delivery. He seemed to miss the point and asked me which collection location was most convenient... that will be my house, please. After mentioning the transport company he would've happily arranged to have it ready for collection if it was at my expense but got more defensive when I asked if they would be paying for it, tried to fob me off with "old ladies and pregnant women only" but we know that isn't true and nor are they doing essential deliveries only. I made sure he was aware.

He's apparently going to talk to the delivery team, that's what the chap two days ago was going to do but nothing became of it. It's clear that they're resisting now we're in Q2, which was expected but it won't stop me trying. He said he'd email for a home address, will see if that happens.

I should point out that I'm not trying to jump past key workers, evidence here shows that we are either generally past that or they're treating everyone equal anyway. I just want my car or at least a better idea of how long I'll have to wait so I can cancel my insurance.

Edit: The story is changing, now it's in Solihull. Maybe I misunderstood Solihull as Summer Hill? I know I was told that I could collect it two days ago and now it's 'stuck' in Solihull. Then he hung up on me.

Last edited:
has anyone on here been made aware of anymore deliveries being made?
Seems to have gone really quite now the end of quarter has been reached.

Trying to get a feel for when or if i will get mine that was cancelled last friday.
Last thing i was told was the port was shut.
After a flurry of comms from March 18-26th I haven’t heard anything. However Tesla did state that I didn’t need to do anything further, and that once the current situation (I think they meant prioritising deliveries) had calmed down, then they will reassess and make contact directly via a call or text, but they couldn’t say how long, just that they will endeavour to do as soon as possible.

My position was that I couldn’t collect due to being in isolation (Collect date was March 24th), on March 18th I therefore pushed back collection to Mar 31st, but this was before the Country Lockdown was announced. When all the texts and emails started about being a key worker, I informed them I wasn’t. A day later on March 24th they said they will deliver! I said again I’m not an essential NHS worker and won’t accept before March 31 due to isolation. They said they understood and would cancel delivery and focus on essential workers cars. They said I may be unmatched depending on demand, but would be rematched, albeit they couldn’t say whether that means getting a car soon or pushed back to later in the year as the factory had shut down and ceased production. I’m fine with this, it’s only a car and I still have my CLS63 AMG (polar opposite) to look at during COVID-19 :D

I'm in Harborough so if they had both it would be great, however it sounds like they're in different parts of the country for some reason.

I called Binns anyway and the chap was happy to talk, Tesla's last booking with them was the 31st (no surprise) and they apparently couldn't get the budget for anything after that, instead switching to staff-driven deliveries like the one we know of in Bristol. He would've quite happily taken on the job as they have trailers available and suggested I talk to Birmingham.

I called Birmingham and was put through to Amsterdam without realising, this chap was less useful that the one the other day - he didn't correct me when I told him that my car was on his site in Brum and I'm calling about delivery. He seemed to miss the point and asked me which collection location was most convenient... that will be my house, please. After mentioning the transport company he would've happily arranged to have it ready for collection if it was at my expense but got more defensive when I asked if they would be paying for it, tried to fob me off with "old ladies and pregnant women only" but we know that isn't true and nor are they doing essential deliveries only. I made sure he was aware.

He's apparently going to talk to the delivery team, that's what the chap two days ago was going to do but nothing became of it. It's clear that they're resisting now we're in Q2, which was expected but it won't stop me trying. He said he'd email for a home address, will see if that happens.

I should point out that I'm not trying to jump past key workers, evidence here shows that we are either generally past that or they're treating everyone equal anyway. I just want my car or at least a better idea of how long I'll have to wait so I can cancel my insurance.

Edit: The story is changing, now it's in Solihull. Maybe I misunderstood Solihull as Summer Hill? I know I was told that I could collect it two days ago and now it's 'stuck' in Solihull. Then he hung up on me.

That's pretty s**t really. Unfortunately as it's now Q2 it seems like they aren't motivated at all to deliver. I would not be surprised if the guy on here that got his Model S yesterday finds out that it was actually registered the day before.

"Old ladies and pregnant women" makes no sense at all, they aren't even the key worker classifications. What reason would either of those groups have to a) buy a Tesla and b) drive one?

Followed up with an email confusing things further, about the vehicle being moved to Birmingham and that they won't pay for a transport company because they're staying open for deliveries. He claimed that the phone line was bad but I could hear typing in the background before I was cut off.

Does anyone have a number that actually goes through to the Birmingham delivery centre rather than to the central deliveries number? Maybe they're all diverted.

I'm in great glen so about 10 miles from you, but last i heard was my car was still in Southampton which is a shame as we could have pestered them to do them at the same time cutting down their costs if mine had been delivered. I might even have contributed seeing its going to cost me a fortune in CC car tax i wasn't expecting to be paying from Monday.

I'll keep trying but i think now the quarter is over all bets are off to deliver anything, they won't even mind having them all stuck in Southampton as no more boats coming for a couple of months.

That's pretty s**t really. Unfortunately as it's now Q2 it seems like they aren't motivated at all to deliver. I would not be surprised if the guy on here that got his Model S yesterday finds out that it was actually registered the day before.

"Old ladies and pregnant women" makes no sense at all, they aren't even the key worker classifications. What reason would either of those groups have to a) buy a Tesla and b) drive one?
It doesn't matter if it was "registered" the day before...they recognise revenue on delivery so it would still be a Q2 sale. There is obviously a big incentive to try to pull sales into the previous Q if they were below a sales target, so you would expect there to be controls around monitoring and preventing this (and the auditors would check that too...).

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
I originally was due to have my car delivered to my house but due to the CV19 issue mine was stuck at AutoXP in Banbury which meant my delivery for last Wednesday couldn't happen.

Instead the car was transported from Banbury/Chipping Warden to Heathrow and was due to be delivered to me within the next few weeks, I thought instead of making Tesla deliver themselves I could go down and utilise the contact free handover process they've got right now so I drove from Sheffield to Heathrow to pick her up yesterday and I'm glad I did. They've got a ton of cars there at the minute all double parked blocking each of them in so they had to rearrange cars to get mine out.

No issue on the collection other than that, wasn't much charge in it to get home but it wasn't the end of the world as I got to play with the features at a super charger.

I'm just waiting for the App to activate now though as it's a lease car they said it can take 48 hours so hopefully it'll be on soon :)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-04-02 at 13.13.18.png
    Screenshot 2020-04-02 at 13.13.18.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 52
I originally was due to have my car delivered to my house but due to the CV19 issue mine was stuck at AutoXP in Banbury which meant my delivery for last Wednesday couldn't happen.

Instead the car was transported from Banbury/Chipping Warden to Heathrow and was due to be delivered to me within the next few weeks, I thought instead of making Tesla deliver themselves I could go down and utilise the contact free handover process they've got right now so I drove from Sheffield to Heathrow to pick her up yesterday and I'm glad I did. They've got a ton of cars there at the minute all double parked blocking each of them in so they had to rearrange cars to get mine out.

No issue on the collection other than that, wasn't much charge in it to get home but it wasn't the end of the world as I got to play with the features at a super charger.

I'm just waiting for the App to activate now though as it's a lease car they said it can take 48 hours so hopefully it'll be on soon :)
Nice, looks good in black.
I just wish they would let us know where the cars were and what options we had.

After my email with deliveries I had two calls with a very helpful girl at Birmingham whose name I missed.

First I was told that while I could be re-matched with an identical car that wasn't trapped in Solihull (where I thought mine wasn't), I couldn't have it delivered because I'm on PCP. I'll let you think about that.

The second call was to tell me that I could have it delivered on PCP but only because I had been in for a test drive and had given my licence details as part of that. However, it can't be delivered on a trailer because no companies are operating and will be driven. Once again, think about that. She seemed surprised that I knew of deliveries made by transporter and admitted that she only knows that Birmingham haven't been able to do it.

My PCP apparently now has to be re-submitted with the mobile number they phoned me on, I have no idea why as I had everything right up to the day before the planned collection but I should at least have a car coming my way. The reg will remain the same but I have a new VIN, I know the last 6 digits but I'm not expecting the website to update too quickly.

I need a lie down.

Reactions: stonecoldrmw
After my email with deliveries I had two calls with a very helpful girl at Birmingham whose name I missed.

First I was told that while I could be re-matched with an identical car that wasn't trapped in Solihull (where I thought mine wasn't), I couldn't have it delivered because I'm on PCP. I'll let you think about that.

The second call was to tell me that I could have it delivered on PCP but only because I had been in for a test drive and had given my licence details as part of that. However, it can't be delivered on a trailer because no companies are operating and will be driven. Once again, think about that. She seemed surprised that I knew of deliveries made by transporter and admitted that she only knows that Birmingham haven't been able to do it.

My PCP apparently now has to be re-submitted with the mobile number they phoned me on, I have no idea why as I had everything right up to the day before the planned collection but I should at least have a car coming my way. The reg will remain the same but I have a new VIN, I know the last 6 digits but I'm not expecting the website to update too quickly.

I need a lie down.

really confused now, what's PCP got to do with it?
Mine's a lease so presumably they will get paid from the lease company but not sure what the significance of that is. Did you tell her Binns are still working and made deliveries for you this week?

I've emailed but no response yet. think a phone call may be in order. What number did you call?

Quick update following a call to Zenith (salary sacrifice lease, originally ordered 8 Jan, had requested March delivery but was never matched pre-covid anyway):
  • Tesla have said they don't plan any deliveries for April / May (that might be the old messaging re: ships etc, given others potentially getting a car collected or delivered through some means based on above)
  • Zenith has put on hold any new deliveries for any manufacturer while in lockdown
Shrug. Not much can be done if that's the state of play!

really confused now, what's PCP got to do with it?
Mine's a lease so presumably they will get paid from the lease company but not sure what the significance of that is. Did you tell her Binns are still working and made deliveries for you this week?

I've emailed but no response yet. think a phone call may be in order. What number did you call?

You should be fine, apparently leases are different so can be delivered like mine can't or actually can. I told her Binns are working, she only knows what Brum were told so it's likely that only cars from Southampton were being put on trailers. I didn't ask Binns about any specific jobs, I bet they wouldn't tell me.

I called Brum but was transferred to Amsterdam, then I got a call back from Brum. Withheld number so I'm afraid I can't tell you what to call, first time I've ever tried 1471 on a mobile too and it doesn't work.

Quick update following a call to Zenith (salary sacrifice lease, originally ordered 8 Jan, had requested March delivery but was never matched pre-covid anyway):
  • Tesla have said they don't plan any deliveries for April / May (that might be the old messaging re: ships etc, given others potentially getting a car collected or delivered through some means based on above)
  • Zenith has put on hold any new deliveries for any manufacturer while in lockdown
Shrug. Not much can be done if that's the state of play!
We had a similar text message from Tesla just over a week ago saying our lease company ZenAuto (part of zenith) had put a hold on our order as you’ve mentioned.
as we’re without a car we spoke to Zen and they confirmed the message from Tesla was incorrect and they were still proceeding as normal - that was still the case for us last night when Zen emailed us (i.e. it’s just waiting for Tesla to deliver).

Status
Not open for further replies.