Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks
Have you got a number for Birmingham?

I called 01628 450604, it's the correct number for Brum but I ended up with Amsterdam. You may be luckier or they may call you back.

Sorry to hear that the leasing companies are being a royal pain, they seem bad enough when there isn't something like this going on.

Edit: Hidden VIN has changed. Farewell 582542, I hope you have a nice life with someone else.

I called 01628 450604, it's the correct number for Brum but I ended up with Amsterdam. You may be luckier or they may call you back.

Sorry to hear that the leasing companies are being a royal pain, they seem bad enough when there isn't something like this going on.

Edit: Hidden VIN has changed. Farewell 582542, I hope you have a nice life with someone else.
Yep

still in Southampton but the nice lady is asking Brum to call me back, so we'll see what happens

Reactions: Matt2000
Right another phone call yesterday. Tesla delivering via a transporter on April 8th. I’ve been told there won’t be a type 2 cable with it

Interesting, I just had a call to confirm driven delivery on the 9th but forgot to ask about the Type 2 cable. Not an issue in the short term but 'normal' charging when I'm back at work will rely on having one.

Edit: Transporter probably means it's coming from Southampton so no chance for hands on to put the cable in. That would follow what we've seen anyway.

Last edited:
Are
Interesting, I just had a call to confirm driven delivery on the 9th but forgot to ask about the Type 2 cable. Not an issue in the short term but 'normal' charging when I'm back at work will rely on having one.

Edit: Transporter probably means it's coming from Southampton so no chance for hands on to put the cable in. That would follow what we've seen anyway.
@Matt2000 @forest 172 Are you both based down south? We’re waiting on ours from Carlisle and been told there’s no transporters available at all?

Are

@Matt2000 @forest 172 Are you both based down south? We’re waiting on ours from Carlisle and been told there’s no transporters available at all?

whats the latest update you've had from Carlisle? I haven't heard anything for ages but know my physical car is up there as it was registered on 23rd march.

have stopped chasing them now just going to wait and see, I've spent £15 on diesel in 2 weeks so not like i'm doing any mileage anyway.

whats the latest update you've had from Carlisle? I haven't heard anything for ages but know my physical car is up there as it was registered on 23rd march.

have stopped chasing them now just going to wait and see, I've spent £15 on diesel in 2 weeks so not like i'm doing any mileage anyway.
As of Wednesday, they had access to the compound but apparently couldn’t source any transporters for home delivery and didn’t have any room at any northern service centres for collection.
Apparently they’re trying to obtain a parking lot of some sort in Leeds so cars can be moved there for collection but that could be a week or two.
we were expecting ours to be delivered on the 20th March and we’re still no closer to a delivery date.
We’re without a car at the minute so we’re having to walk about half an hour to the supermarket and then we’re limited to what we can carry which is a pain. Obviously we wouldn’t be doing much driving but a car would save us making multiple trips out for shopping.

Interesting to see some people are getting dates for a delivery. I think I might call them later to see if I can get an update on the whereabouts of mine. Being without a car is a right royal pain in the backside. An empty driveway is a sad driveway.

Are@Matt2000 @forest 172 Are you both based down south? We’re waiting on ours from Carlisle and been told there’s no transporters available at all?

I'm in the midlands and I'm now getting a (presumably inventory) car from Birmingham. They certainly had transporters visiting your area before the end of Q1, I think they're reluctant to pay for more.

Just signed my delivery declaration to allow delivery on the 9th.

Interesting to see some people are getting dates for a delivery. I think I might call them later to see if I can get an update on the whereabouts of mine. Being without a car is a right royal pain in the backside. An empty driveway is a sad driveway.

It does seem that you have to give them a kick, I suspect that unless I called them my car would've just sat in Solihull for the duration of the lockdown and nobody would've said a word to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Durzel
I'm in the midlands and I'm now getting a (presumably inventory) car from Birmingham. They certainly had transporters visiting your area before the end of Q1, I think they're reluctant to pay for more.

Just signed my delivery declaration to allow delivery on the 9th.

It does seem that you have to give them a kick, I suspect that unless I called them my car would've just sat in Solihull for the duration of the lockdown and nobody would've said a word to me.

I agree gently persuading them them has worked for me, delivery on the 10th from Birmingham. Not my original car but same spec. Being driven over and key pushed through letter box apparently.

Reactions: Durzel and Matt2000
I agree gently persuading them them has worked for me, delivery on the 10th from Birmingham. Not my original car but same spec. Being driven over and key pushed through letter box apparently.
Thanks guys, gentle persuasion doesn’t seem to be working at the minute. It also seems that there’s no other cars in the uk with the same spec for a VIN swap. It’s a white SR+ with 19 inch wheels.
We did order it on the first day it appeared on Tesla’s website and it seems to have sneaked onto an earlier ship to the UK than expected so maybe what they’ve said is true about it being the only one in the uk at the min.
I’ll try and call them this afternoon.

Thanks guys, gentle persuasion doesn’t seem to be working at the minute. It also seems that there’s no other cars in the uk with the same spec for a VIN swap. It’s a white SR+ with 19 inch wheels.
We did order it on the first day it appeared on Tesla’s website and it seems to have sneaked onto an earlier ship to the UK than expected so maybe what they’ve said is true about it being the only one in the uk at the min.
I suppose I was lucky in that it was a totally standard M3P in white.

There's a White SR+ with 19" wheels in inventory at Bristol according to the web site?
Still a long way from Pontefract though

There's a White SR+ with 19" wheels in inventory at Bristol according to the web site?
Still a long way from Pontefract though
@Mf03 thanks for the heads up. I spoke to Tesla about half an hour ago and they offered to VIN swap it but I’d have to collect it from Bristol as they’re not doing deliveries (typical) and it’s a 6 hour round trip which i think I’d struggle to justify with the police if they stopped me. Plus I’d need a car to get there.
They did say though that they’ve got transport sorted for deliveries from Carlisle next week so hopefully it’ll be here next week (I’ll believe that though when I see it).

Status
Not open for further replies.