Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got the car.

Rather than waiting for Tesla to arrange delivery, I suggested to them that I could sign my PCP documents remotely, and arrange my own transporter. As my car was already in Heathrow, they agreed, and so with a 24 hour turnaround (and the expense of the transporter), my delivery saga is largely over.

Unfortunately, there's some sign of paint damage, and I'm not convinced the chrome trim is in correct alignment, but otherwise the car looks good.

It came with the full compliment of cables (Type-2 and 3-pin chargers), and the roadside assistance kit.

Purely to satisfy my curiosity, do you mind telling us how much the transporter cost you?

Transporter came to £354 including VAT. I likely could've sourced a cheaper transporter, but this one came recommended locally.

Paint damage is 1x crosshatch scratch on the driver's side door, 1x horizontal mark on the passenger side door.

Edit: Worth noting that neither mark you'd actually see stood next to the car - I only noticed them when I got down.

Are you supposed to get phone charging cables that are already plugged into the front USB ports on the Model 3?

I fit my Jeda Wireless Pad yesterday and when I took off the rubberised pad that was already there there were no cables underneath. The bit where you would route the cables was there, but no actual cables.

Cost cutting, not supplied to UK market? Or was my car missing these?

EDIT: Answering myself, apparently not supplied since Q2 2019.

Are you supposed to get phone charging cables that are already plugged into the front USB ports on the Model 3?

I fit my Jeda Wireless Pad yesterday and when I took off the rubberised pad that was already there there were no cables underneath. The bit where you would route the cables was there, but no actual cables.

Cost cutting, not supplied to UK market? Or was my car missing these?

EDIT: Answering myself, apparently not supplied since Q2 2019.

I assumed not - as my TapTes pad came with both a pair of Y-cables and regular microUSB.

A picture of my MSM M3P after being cleaned.

43708A8E-20E6-45A6-9B54-549D13180D72.jpeg

Yup, although I’m hoping there is a record of which cars were supplied without one.

When I spoke to Tesla about the missing cable the lady told me that the delivery drivers etc would make notes about missing things on handover, except it’s not Tesla staff delivering these cars at the moment, its subcontractors.

The guy who delivered mine, as nice and professional as he was, knew nothing about the car, what it should be supplied with etc.

In the end I added it to my service request so there was an immediate record of its absence.

Yup, although I’m hoping there is a record of which cars were supplied without one.

When I spoke to Tesla about the missing cable the lady told me that the delivery drivers etc would make notes about missing things on handover, except it’s not Tesla staff delivering these cars at the moment, its subcontractors.

The guy who delivered mine, as nice and professional as he was, knew nothing about the car, what it should be supplied with etc.

In the end I added it to my service request so there was an immediate record of its absence.
That’s a good point, is there a list of what should be included other than the car itself (first aid kit etc.)?

Status
Not open for further replies.