TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 Orders and Deliveries

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by RjbT3, Jul 14, 2019.

1. TheManofMead

TheManofMead Member

The first lesson I learned about ordering an "inventory" Model 3 is the car is most likely not at the stated location.

2. aquilum

aquilum Member

Just got the car.

Rather than waiting for Tesla to arrange delivery, I suggested to them that I could sign my PCP documents remotely, and arrange my own transporter. As my car was already in Heathrow, they agreed, and so with a 24 hour turnaround (and the expense of the transporter), my delivery saga is largely over.

Unfortunately, there's some sign of paint damage, and I'm not convinced the chrome trim is in correct alignment, but otherwise the car looks good.

It came with the full compliment of cables (Type-2 and 3-pin chargers), and the roadside assistance kit.

• Like x 3
  3. Durzel

Durzel Active Member

Post some photos of the trim if you want. What paint damage have you got if you don't mind me asking?

4. Matt2000

Matt2000 Member

Purely to satisfy my curiosity, do you mind telling us how much the transporter cost you?

5. aquilum

aquilum Member

Transporter came to £354 including VAT. I likely could've sourced a cheaper transporter, but this one came recommended locally.

Paint damage is 1x crosshatch scratch on the driver's side door, 1x horizontal mark on the passenger side door.

Edit: Worth noting that neither mark you'd actually see stood next to the car - I only noticed them when I got down.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  6. Durzel

Durzel Active Member

Are you supposed to get phone charging cables that are already plugged into the front USB ports on the Model 3?

I fit my Jeda Wireless Pad yesterday and when I took off the rubberised pad that was already there there were no cables underneath. The bit where you would route the cables was there, but no actual cables.

Cost cutting, not supplied to UK market? Or was my car missing these?

EDIT: Answering myself, apparently not supplied since Q2 2019.

7. aquilum

aquilum Member

I assumed not - as my TapTes pad came with both a pair of Y-cables and regular microUSB.

8. MDABC

MDABC Member

A picture of my MSM M3P after being cleaned.

43708A8E-20E6-45A6-9B54-549D13180D72.jpeg

• Like x 3
  9. Reddom

Reddom Member

Delivery scheduled for next Friday by transporter from Heathrow. A lease Car it was originally due Mar 23rd by AutoXP and was registered and taxed but developed a fault on the journey so was taken to Heathrow for repair. No type 2 cable apparently.

10. Sunraged

Sunraged Member

I'm presuming. people will get the missing items once we're out of quarantine?

11. Durzel

Durzel Active Member

Yup, although I’m hoping there is a record of which cars were supplied without one.

When I spoke to Tesla about the missing cable the lady told me that the delivery drivers etc would make notes about missing things on handover, except it’s not Tesla staff delivering these cars at the moment, its subcontractors.

The guy who delivered mine, as nice and professional as he was, knew nothing about the car, what it should be supplied with etc.

In the end I added it to my service request so there was an immediate record of its absence.

12. BushtrimmmerJr

That’s a good point, is there a list of what should be included other than the car itself (first aid kit etc.)?

13. Durzel

Durzel Active Member

UMC (with commando adapter as well? Not sure)
    Type 2 charging cable
    Emergency kit

That’s as far as I know. I’m not even 100% sure the emergency kit is supposed to be supplied or not.

• Informative x 1
  14. TheManofMead

TheManofMead Member

I believe all Tesla vehicles are supplied with emergency kit as standard.

15. MDABC

MDABC Member

Do the wheels have locking nuts?

16. 94jdh

94jdh Member

No, but this is Tesla!

17. Mr H

Mr H Member

No

18. Dilly

Dilly Member

but it does have four wheels included as standard:):)

• Funny x 3
  19. Sunraged

Sunraged Member

It has HAL2000 recording the person who nicked your wheels.

20. Sunraged

Sunraged Member

"What are you doing, Dave?"