Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same with mine on Friday it’s only 51 miles so hopefully still under 100 miles so worth it for me.

53 for me, not bad. The girl I arranged everything with was confused about the number of miles before returning and convinced herself it was 1000, I didn't correct her. Hope I won't need it anyway. I have a stash of anti-everything wipes I bought for a roadtrip last year, they do specifically say they kill viruses.

Thanks hopefully by the time they sort out my order they'll be back in stock.
My car came from West Drayton last Friday with a Mennekes Type 2 (as well as the Tesla 13a version), the delivery driver thought they might have now run out.

41acgw0YC8L.jpg

Came from Heathrow.

253 miles charge in it, which surprised me

all in good order no marks on it or dodgy fitting panels

The app started working about 2 hours after I replied to the signed for email.

took those silly plinth holders off the number plates and sticky padded it to the first plinth. Much cleaner look

Reactions: Matt2000
I just heard from Tesla - I'm a key worker, but work from home (database support for a high street Bank). If our remote access fails, we are authorised to drive to the office (callout etc).

Seems they'll deliver if Zenith approve.
I was thinking I'd save myself some money by waiting, but then as my previous car is sold, I didn't want to put myself in an awkward situation. I could use my wife's car, but she's a key worker too, albeit WFH too.

Like other people have said, it'll be frustrating seeing it sat on the drive most of the time. I also know how frustrating it can be reading these posts when you've been waiting a fair while for your car!

I picked mine up from Dartford on the 20th just before it went mad.
Trouble is it did have 2 paint blemishes that need doing.
They initially booked me in for a weeks time, and I was going to see how the paint turned out and if not happy would have rejected the car.
However I now have been told the work can not be done until May!
I'm now worried that the repair wont be as good as I am expecting.
Has anyone else had paint done?
Did they do it to a good standard?

• Helpful
Reactions: ringi
I just heard from Tesla - I'm a key worker, but work from home (database support for a high street Bank). If our remote access fails, we are authorised to drive to the office (callout etc).

Seems they'll deliver if Zenith approve.
I was thinking I'd save myself some money by waiting, but then as my previous car is sold, I didn't want to put myself in an awkward situation. I could use my wife's car, but she's a key worker too, albeit WFH too.

Like other people have said, it'll be frustrating seeing it sat on the drive most of the time. I also know how frustrating it can be reading these posts when you've been waiting a fair while for your car!
They must have been calling a few people today, they just called me as well. They said I can collect from Newcastle at the beginning of next week or wait for home delivery end of next week, I told them to go with home delivery as I'm in no major rush (original delivery was March 27th)

They must have been calling a few people today, they just called me as well. They said I can collect from Newcastle at the beginning of next week or wait for home delivery end of next week, I told them to go with home delivery as I'm in no major rush (original delivery was March 27th)
I was due to collect my vehicle on 27th too (from Manchester). I believe mine is in Newcastle too.
May I ask where you were originally due to collect from? and are you a key worker?
I haven't heard from Tesla...but I have not tried to chase them at all...

Mine just arrived, on the back of a truck instead of being driven as expected so it's fully charged. Type 2 cable was included and the first look over while wiping down the touch points with anti-everything is very positive. Gaps look good, roof panel is close to central and trip looks good.

Some light swirls on the paint already and it has collected a little grime through sitting at some point (don't know exact build date yet) but I expected something.

Last edited:
Mine just arrived, on the back of a truck instead of being driven as expected so it's fully charged. Type 2 cable was included and the first look over while wiping down the touch points with anti-everything is very positive. Gaps look good, roof panel is close to central and trip looks good.

Some light swirls on the paint already and it has collected a little grime through sitting at some point (don't know exact build date yet) but I expected something.

Cool sounds promising for mine tomorrow, I've had a couple of texts so fingers crossed.
I'll meet you at maccy d's for a compare when lockdown is over lol.
Enjoy it mate.

Congratulations :) Give us a photo at least :D

Not really posted on here for a while but I've had a really good experience with Stockport Tesla, the guys there can't do enough to help.

Throughout I have expressed that even though I have sent my previous car back and I don't currently have one, I am not a key worker and, although I REALLY want my car, the lest thing I would want is for an NHS worker to not get their car because I have mine (they really appreciated this).

Apparently my car is a rare spec in the UK at the moment and the car that was allocated to me was stuck in the compound in Southampton. They managed to find me another car, swap the reg and called yesterday to say it is due to arrive at my house this evening!

I'm sat by the window looking hopefully into the distance as I type.

Reactions: Mr H and Durzel
So this is where I'm at as of today:

• Contacted VWFS as I hadn't heard anything from them after my last email 9 days ago.
  • Got an email back very quickly, saying that they hadn't had the signed order form from Fleet Solutions (NHS Leasing) yet, so couldn't proceed with the order until they had that (My order was placed 23rd March, I'd received an order confirmation, and there has been no mention of missing paperwork from then on).
  • An email from me expressing many concerns, not least about the above, but also about the potential impact on delivery times
  • An email from Fleet Solutions to say that they've forwarded the signed document on to VWFS, but that Tesla have requested my name address, email and telephone number, so they can set me up on the app and create an account in my name
  • Another email sent to the NHS Fleet people expressing concerns about delayed delivery etc...
  • Further email back saying that NHS Fleet Solutions that the person sending the email will personally see the process through with me, and that they're just waiting for an RN so they can track the order internally also.
So I guess a modicum of clarity if nothing else.

Cool sounds promising for mine tomorrow, I've had a couple of texts so fingers crossed.
I'll meet you at maccy d's for a compare when lockdown is over lol.
Enjoy it mate.

Yep, fingers crossed for you. I didn't hear anything until I got a call an hour before it arrived, was getting concerned. I needn't have worried though. Definitely looking forward to Maccies opening up again.

Been through and picked up a couple of small things: the panel gap at the front of the front is probably bigger than it should be and the gap the front of the nearside front door is slightly smaller. Definitely not reasons to reject the car.

Inside one of the pop-out clothes hooks is a little grubby, it was popped out so maybe got rubbed against in the factory. The bottom of the passenger door card has a strange pattern on it that I hope will clean off and the nearside rear seat has a greasy mark where it looks like it has been wiped, will see if those two clean up tomorrow. I'm also going to go over the outside with detail spray and a microfibre, there are lots of bits of crap, for want of a better word, on the paint that initially look like scratches. Both seats initially squeaked when moved back all the way but the driver's seat has stopped doing this now.

I've now set everything up and it works great, had to jump through a couple of hoops to get Spotify working but installed my wireless phone charger, T5 SSD and console tray. Naming is done, easy access is set up, mobile app with auto lock/unlock is working and I'm a happy bunny. Even went for a tiny test drive around the block to make sure the wheels wouldn't fall off.

I'll put a photo in the other thread as this is already long enough.

Reactions: Mf03 and Durzel
Not really posted on here for a while but I've had a really good experience with Stockport Tesla, the guys there can't do enough to help....

Exactly my experience with Stockport (car delivered from West Drayton last Friday). As it's evening, I hope you have the car by now!

I called Daly Saturday morning with a few queries about how to handle minor issues. He talked me through everything and as a result my post delivery 'schedule service' list is quite small - the mobile ranger is booked for 1st May (Daly would normally oversee prep prior to collections so explained how to clean one or two areas around the roof glass with slight excess mastic as well as a couple of places where protective film had left marks on the paintwork but easily rubbed off). In all other respects, shut lines, paint quality & roof glass alignment are great.

Nothing has been too much trouble with everyone I have spoken to at this SC, Daly and Carly in particular giving exceptional support over the past two weeks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.