Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was due to collect my vehicle on 27th too (from Manchester). I believe mine is in Newcastle too.
May I ask where you were originally due to collect from? and are you a key worker?
I haven't heard from Tesla...but I have not tried to chase them at all...

Was originally due to collect from Leeds, so I'm guessing mine might be in Newcastle too now, they didn't say. No not a key worker, that's why I told them I'm happy to wait for home delivery, but I hadn't chased them they just called out of the blue!

Reactions: TheManofMead
Delivered this morning at 9:30, looks pretty good to me, type 2 (blue) was included after all. Reg and vin were different than previously advised, not sure what the lease company will make of that.... but that will have to wait till after the bank holiday.

Last edited:
3CE8E7EE-03D0-40FF-8180-3823882D442E.jpeg it’s arrived on the back of a trailer like others and apart from a bit of glue residue on one of the doors looks pretty spotless.

Reactions: Matt2000
How did he say to clean excess
View attachment 531065 it’s arrived on the back of a trailer like others and apart from a bit of glue residue on one of the doors looks pretty spotless.
Can you elaborate on that glue residue? Whereabouts was it? I’ve got some sort of residue on my drivers side door card, which isn’t shifting with mild cleaners. Only just noticed it really as the car isn’t going anywhere.

It’s on my list for the service centre appointment but if I can get it resolved safely before that all the better.

A6F19BE0-5966-4DA1-8B13-17E06E3D6E95.jpeg

How did he say to clean excess

Can you elaborate on that glue residue? Whereabouts was it? I’ve got some sort of residue on my drivers side door card, which isn’t shifting with mild cleaners. Only just noticed it really as the car isn’t going anywhere.

It’s on my list for the service centre appointment but if I can get it resolved safely before that all the better.

View attachment 531135
It’s on one edge of the door and didn’t spot it whilst he was here. It looks like the doors had tape across them during transit. Not tried removing it yet but it seems to shift with a finger nail so don’t see why some white spirits or something wouldn’t shift it. Not sure what to make of your though. Looks like moulding residue to me and a replacement panel is required.

Reactions: Durzel
It’s on one edge of the door and didn’t spot it whilst he was here. It looks like the doors had tape across them during transit. Not tried removing it yet but it seems to shift with a finger nail so don’t see why some white spirits or something wouldn’t shift it. Not sure what to make of your though. Looks like moulding residue to me and a replacement panel is required.
My LR delivered last Friday had white marks on the edge of the centre console but these turned out to be some sort of latex glue that carefully rubbed off with the ball of my thumb without leaving any residue.

ewrWfWt.jpg

When I called the SC number next day about some slight patches on the white exterior paint, it happened that the guy who answered (home working) is the one that would normally prep the cars prior to collection & he told me that marks left by various protective films & tapes are almost always present both internally & externally when arriving from Tesla but almost always they are removed without trace. He told me not to use anything with alcohol (inc most wet wipes) on the PU leather as it can leave a permanent mark. It would probably be prudent to avoid things like white spirit too.

I was also told that any apparent marks on the exterior would normally be polished and buffed out by the SC using car wax, less apparent with white (my car) but sometimes needs attention prior to collection on all the other colours.

These touch free deliveries don't include any of that of course.

Last edited:
All the ones I've seen have this glass panel misalignment, including mine - how this isn't right as I believe it's fitted by robots.
I must be lucky then as it's one of the first things I looked for & the centre glass looks perfectly aligned on both edges & with the other panels, no misalignment at all.

Not quite the same with the 'Frunk' - it's the only place I found fault with the shut-lines. Slightly wider gap on one side but as I'm probably the only one looking for it & being picky, I've let it go. A few other more important things on my service checklist.

All the ones I've seen have this glass panel misalignment, including mine - how this isn't right as I believe it's fitted by robots.
Are they actually misaligned though or are the panels just a different width?

My roof is perfectly aligned down the right hand side which means there's a channel of about 0.5cm on the left side of the front panel.

As has been said above, the glass roof is narrower than the front and rear windscreen, to accommodate the roof rack, therefore it can’t be aligned to the windscreen on both sides.

What seems to happen is that it sometimes gets aligned to one side rather than being misaligned on both sides - if that makes sense - which leaves a bigger gap on the other side. It shouldn’t be a problem though in most cases though as it’s well sealed.

Are they actually misaligned though or are the panels just a different width?

My roof is perfectly aligned down the right hand side which means there's a channel of about 0.5cm on the left side of the front panel.

Never thought about the roof rack - mines aligned one side but I would have expected the alignment to be central to the rear panel rather than offset

Status
Not open for further replies.