Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
....The wife squealing during an acceleration 'test' has been the highlight of my day :D
I thought the same until yesterday.

She went for an eye examination with blurred vision in her left eye - discovered she has a detached retina and was asked if she'd had any sudden movements or shocks to her head...guess what/who she's blaming it on?

My new M3P

Attachments

• IMG_0882.jpeg
    IMG_0882.jpeg
    378.5 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0881.jpeg
    IMG_0881.jpeg
    400.5 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0880.jpeg
    IMG_0880.jpeg
    908.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0879.jpeg
    IMG_0879.jpeg
    678.9 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0878.jpeg
    IMG_0878.jpeg
    716 KB · Views: 30
My appointment came through yesterday - scheduled for 25th June at Edinburgh.

Has anyone else picked up their car from Edinburgh recently - the different lockdown rules are concerning me a bit. Will I potentially be stopped and questioned about "is this an essential shopping trip, sir?"

Obviously it is an essential shopping trip ;)

It's a genuine question though.. should I accept the appointment or wait for further relaxing of the rules? I'm in Northern Ireland so it's quite a palaver for me.. ferry crossing then a 100+ mile cross country trip. It's not exactly round the corner.

Thanks in advance!
Andy

My appointment came through yesterday - scheduled for 25th June at Edinburgh.

Has anyone else picked up their car from Edinburgh recently - the different lockdown rules are concerning me a bit. Will I potentially be stopped and questioned about "is this an essential shopping trip, sir?"

Obviously it is an essential shopping trip ;)

It's a genuine question though.. should I accept the appointment or wait for further relaxing of the rules? I'm in Northern Ireland so it's quite a palaver for me.. ferry crossing then a 100+ mile cross country trip. It's not exactly round the corner.

Thanks in advance!
Andy
If I were you I'd agree to it and then if it's really a problem closer to it you can ask to defer. Between now and then there could be further changes to the rules - most likely it'll be a loosening so you'll almost certainly be fine.

Someone was fined last week for driving an MX-5 back from England to Ireland - but allowed to continue their journey home.

If you can afford the fixed penalty, just stay in a good mood for your whole journey, be extra-diligent and respectful of social distancing and go for it - but if you get challenged accept that you may have to pay a fine.

Or delay if you don’t feel comfortable potentially adding to risk of infection / spreading it unknowingly. Nobody is going to be annoyed with you for taking accountability and holding off. Note - I am not saying you are an infection risk any more than I would be, or anyone else that has been locked down - just that none of us know we have this nasty thing until we have symptoms.

However if Tesla are saying collect or lose the car then they are being irresponsible and need to be more mature if you are deciding to be sensible.

On balance, be cautious on your trip and keep other peoples’ safety in mind and go collect and then enjoy your new car :)

I'd now work on the basis that if car forecourts can open, by definition it would seem permissible to travel to a car forecourt in order to purchase a car and return. I appreciate a Tesla collection point is not quite the same, but it isn't far off. If you were stopped you'd say "I've just bought a new car" and leave it at that. I think you'd be very unlucky to be fined.

I'd now work on the basis that if car forecourts can open, by definition it would seem permissible to travel to a car forecourt in order to purchase a car and return. I appreciate a Tesla collection point is not quite the same, but it isn't far off. If you were stopped you'd say "I've just bought a new car" and leave it at that. I think you'd be very unlucky to be fined.
Think that's just in England. Don't believe car retailers are allowed to open in Scotland yet. Tesla's have been open throughout though as they're operating as garages rather than forecourts.

It is all very confusing as there are different supposed rules all over the place, but I just look at it on balance and with an approach of trying to be careful.

Not really that keen on diving into service stations on the M4 for example - I can be careful but doubt very much if all users of shared facilities will be. Luckily it looks like I am WFH until maybe January, so the longest trip I have may be to collect the car when ready - unless they deliver of course.

So, collected today! They asked for name and car colour, then brought it round, left the key card in it and off I went. No handover, no signing anything, no ID check even!

Annoyingly with it originally being a Dartford car that then getting collected from Heathrow, the reg changed so I had to quickly tweak the insurance - VIN matched though so all good.

Love it already. No quality issues I could spot as yet, gaps and fit and finish very good. Blue type 2 cable in the boot.

One slight niggle in that I don't have app access yet, apparently that can take up to 24 hours and needs the lease company to sort it if there's still issues. Not the end of the world!

Crikey it's quick, even being 'just' a LR!

Reactions: JupiterMan and bhav
Collected my new M3P on Wednesday from Bham, they checked my driving licence and I signed a tablet after I had inspected it, they also activated my phone app so I can use it as a key etc.

One issue with the paint on the boot near the number plate, otherwise the car was good. 3hr 30min drive home to North Devon, charged it 80% at M42 Hopwood park services in 40mins and made it home on the single charge so happy with that.

Already fitted a boot rubber tray, centre console carbon cover and have ordered a wireless charger. Going into see a window tint and paint protection film company today to get a quote to tint rear windows and put a film on the areas likely to to get marked, some said rear arches are susceptible.

Any other mods people recommend?

Attachments

• 2FA1226B-D3AF-4D83-80B8-71D50B348D46.jpeg
    2FA1226B-D3AF-4D83-80B8-71D50B348D46.jpeg
    432.2 KB · Views: 49
  • D3818E43-0B14-41DB-AC5B-A79AED08116A.jpeg
    D3818E43-0B14-41DB-AC5B-A79AED08116A.jpeg
    753.9 KB · Views: 39
Collecting my Model 3 Performance in White bought through Drive Electric from Leeds on Monday the 15th June. It's gonna be a long wait!!!

I already have nearly everything Abstract Ocean sell waiting to be fitted plus the TeslaBros chrome delete kit. If only time travel was possible!

Collecting my Model 3 Performance in White bought through Drive Electric from Leeds on Monday the 15th June. It's gonna be a long wait!!!

I already have nearly everything Abstract Ocean sell waiting to be fitted plus the TeslaBros chrome delete kit. If only time travel was possible!

Hi mate - so despite being a lease customer, you're still collecting yourself from Tesla?

I'm in a similar boat in so far as I have a Tesla appointment, but I'm a bit in the dark as to whether the lease company (Zen) will attend that themselves.

Hi mate - so despite being a lease customer, you're still collecting yourself from Tesla?

I'm in a similar boat in so far as I have a Tesla appointment, but I'm a bit in the dark as to whether the lease company (Zen) will attend that themselves.

Drive Electric asked me to contact Tesla directly (using the RN number they gave me) to organise the collection. Tesla found all the details and confirmed that the vehicle will be moved to Leeds and gave me my VIN number.

I won't get a registration number until a few days before collection at which point Tesla said they would text me with the details so I can set up my insurance.

If they're communicating with you directly about you collecting, that will definitely be you not Zen!

I can't think of any scenario where the lease company gets involved in the middle.

Does seem there's no rhyme or reason as to whether it's collect or delivery now - maybe just based on location/availability of drivers/transporters etc.

If they're communicating with you directly about you collecting, that will definitely be you not Zen!

I can't think of any scenario where the lease company gets involved in the middle.

Does seem there's no rhyme or reason as to whether it's collect or delivery now - maybe just based on location/availability of drivers/transporters etc.

I figured Tesla are communicating with me because I placed the order and it might not have yet been 'adopted' by the lease company. I did flick the appointment email onto the lease company who say they'll liaise with Tesla so we'll see.

Interestingly there is now an inventory car in Leeds matching our spec (we were the same right?). I assume it's not worth messing around to try and get that car brought down as opposed to waiting a few more weeks for the Grand Venus to arrive!?

Status
Not open for further replies.