Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else waiting on an SR+ white on white? order was confirmed on 3rd September, heard nothing and no SC VIN, Rang tesla many times and they say no VIN matched, the lead time is 3 months from order to delivery so should be around 3rd Decemember, but if that was true id expect to see a VIN now, hoping i will get it this year but atm not looking likely :(
I ordered 20th September SR+ white / black had vin in open source few weeks ago been told today collection will be first week of december

I ordered 29th August and delivery is on 22nd Nov. They did actually call me to say a car that matched my spec was available mid-late September - must have been a cancellation. I turned it down as I didn't have the money in the bank yet. Just done a £1 transfer to see if it will come through into the source code before I transfer the remaining balance. I would have done it earlier today but saw the same web issues, including my car changing colour.

My car is due on Dec 5. What are the safeguards you took before transferring the money?

Good question, well asked!

I'm interested in the answers to this, too, as I'm about to transfer the balance of my invoice this week. Tesla have told me over the 'phone that they prefer the final balance to be with them 48 hours before delivery.

My plan at the moment is to make several online bank transfers (has to be several because of the £10k per transaction restriction), but would be interested to know if there are safer/better ways to make the payment (ideally without attracting a charge).

Good question, well asked!

I'm interested in the answers to this, too, as I'm about to transfer the balance of my invoice this week. Tesla have told me over the 'phone that they prefer the final balance to be with them 48 hours before delivery.

My plan at the moment is to make several online bank transfers (has to be several because of the £10k per transaction restriction), but would be interested to know if there are safer/better ways to make the payment (ideally without attracting a charge).

HSBC allows £25k transfer per day and Santander allows £250k per day

HSBC allows £25k transfer per day and Santander allows £250k per day

Yes, but there is still the same £10k per individual transfer issue. Last time I encountered this I banked with Santander, and although there was no issue with the daily limit (there isn't with my current bank either - the limit is only set by the account balance), there is apparently an issue with a non-CHAPS internet banking transfer. It seems that this is set at £10k, so to transfer, say, £50k means making five separate £10k transfers, one after the other.

The alternative is to request a CHAPS transfer, which can transfer pretty much any reasonable amount in one go, but this attracts a fee to the bank of £20.

I ordered 29th August and delivery is on 22nd Nov. They did actually call me to say a car that matched my spec was available mid-late September - must have been a cancellation. I turned it down as I didn't have the money in the bank yet. Just done a £1 transfer to see if it will come through into the source code before I transfer the remaining balance. I would have done it earlier today but saw the same web issues, including my car changing colour.

did your transfer appear on the source code yet? I am due to pick up my car on Monday. I had 2 cars on my account and was waiting for one to be cancelled and the deposit from that transferred to the one I was keeping. at the beginning of this week my final invoice appeared but the second car was still showing on my account. then, about Wednesday, the other car disappeared and the source code was showing £4k so I was kind of waiting for another final invoice with both deposits included.

I got a phone call yesterday morning to confirm the delivery time and to ask if I had any questions and to let me know that the final invoice was now ready for me to pay. I asked if they could confirm that the cancelled car deposit had been moved over and it had but was told I wouldn't get another final invoice.

I transferred over £1000 as a "tester" at 10am and at 1pm it still wasn't showing in the source code so I phoned them up and they said it can take a few hours and to call at 4pm. so I did and the money still wasn't showing on my Tesla account! the lady did say that I can just call up on Monday morning and check it's arrived and can also make the final payment on the day of pickup but it is leaving it a bit late!

anyway, I have been checking today and my "ExistingDeposit" is still only showing the £4k from the 2 x deposits and not the extra £1k I transferred over. I'm a little concerned and won't pay the balance until I know it's gone to the correct account.

so I am wondering if your £1 transfer has made it to the source code yet?

I also just got a VIN ordered 17th Oct via WessexFleet/Leaseplan (M3, LR, White out , black in). Long way to go but progress. I might do the lottery as well now that I'm on a roll.

I have Leaseplan car coming too. They’ve given me the RN, but the car apparently won’t show in my Tesla account until further downstream. I can’t VIN check without calling as a result.

Did they transferred the order to your Tesla account earlier in the process for you to have VIN visibility now?

If so I’ll ask again about getting the same done.

Reactions: *Adam
so I am wondering if your £1 transfer has made it to the source code yet?

No. I was only able to get the payment details from the invoice on Friday evening due to the site having been down on Friday afternoon when I first tried. I re-checked the details and it all seems correct. I'll check again on Monday.

The mind boggles that we're having to look in page source to find relevant information.

I have Leaseplan car coming too. They’ve given me the RN, but the car apparently won’t show in my Tesla account until further downstream. I can’t VIN check without calling as a result.

Did they transferred the order to your Tesla account earlier in the process for you to have VIN visibility now?

If so I’ll ask again about getting the same done.

Yeah my car appeared in my Tesla account a couple of days after I placed the order and signed documents with Wessex/Leaseplan (although I already had a Tesla account which had the same email address as the one I was using with Wessex.) I'm not sure if it was Wessex who linked it up or Leaseplan but the car I ordered with the RN number has been there almost 4 weeks now - the VIN just appeared this morning.

• Informative
Reactions: nufan
Picked up the M3 up on Friday. Its stunning! Really happy with the red colour. Smooth process overall.. shame we didnt get the cover unveiling like I got with the MS!

The main issue I have is I cant see the M3 in my app where the MS is. Tesla merged the M3 account into my Model S one and I can see both cars on the online account page.

Has anyone else had to wait a while for the car to appear in the app? Tesla's FAQ says up to 48 hours but its been longer than that..

Status
Not open for further replies.