Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Model 3 Owner Shows Off Autopark Feature

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Tesla has been releasing new Model 3 software updates specific to Autopilot that are enabling new features like Autopark. A Model 3 owner released a video on YouTube this week that offers a demonstration of the self-parking feature on Tesla’s new vehicle.

Check out the video below.[/vc_column_text][vc_video link=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6JGEwp-h7M” video_title=”1″][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Last edited by a moderator:
Questions:

Will Autopark also back into a space?
Could it be used to back out of a space?

Still debating this feature, as I want to back the car down a sloped driveway and will have just 10” clearance on the sides.

I suppose if this is an AP thing then the car would be doing everything itself (steering and pedals etc), but aside from the pedals my 2016 Golf can auto park like this, as well as parallel park itself. However I have never used it as it takes 6 times longer than doing it yourself.

If you are controlling the pedals, isn't the speed dependent on how much you are pressing the pedals? Do you need to brake before hitting car as well? That seems kind of useless.

When I test drove the MS a month ago I had the opportunity to use autopark. Slowly drive past parked cars and it will show the P when it sees a good spot. After that it parks itself!

The spot had only 1 car next to it, the 2 adjacent spots were empty. It stopped midway, lost its bearings.... finished it manually
(Bought a MS anyway)