I have to say I can't understand changing an auto buying decision at 40k in the hope that the price drops a couple grand 6 months later.On the 3 I did whole reserve before the car was even revealed, my reservation came up while I was on vacation and I ordered from a hotel room within minutes. Went all in on the 3 with Auto Pilot and FSD. My wife badly wants the Y and before last week we had planned to do the same thing for a Y and get it as soon as humanly possible. Now we are firmly in the the wait and see, she has a nice car and we can hold out. I just can't justify paying a premium to be loyal to a company that isn't showing a lot of loyalty to me. I'm not up and arms but I'll need to see some goodwill and I will take a very serious look at the EV Market before I commit to a Y.
I have to say I can't understand changing an auto buying decision at 40k in the hope that the price drops a couple grand 6 months later.
If you aren't in a rush then sure, but personally I'd buy my 3 (august delivery) over again in a heartbeat.It has little to do with money, I agree its a couple grand not a big deal. Its more about brand loyalty there is no reason for me to go all in. I love my 3 but I also rather like my wifes X Series BMW. The 3 launch was a mess and a hassle, I see no reason to pay extra to repeat that experience. I am happy to wait and see how it goes and shop around. I'll wait till all the configurations are available and decide if its what we are after. You clearly waited to get the configuration you were after on a 3 but you don't understand why others would do the same?
Do people really care about that? I'm not off road minded so I honestly don't know. When I was shopping for a mid-sized SUV a few years ago I don't recall my options having that. (bought a highlander)If the Y offers adjustable air suspension, I imagine it will become a run away best seller.