TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 Owners - Eligible for Referral Program?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by MrBoylan, May 1, 2018.

1. MrBoylan

MrBoylan Member

OK, so I know that the referral program is currently only for Model S, Model X and the storage and solar products, but as a new Model 3 owner, am I eligible for the referral program? I didn't get any details about that in my welcome e-mail except a note saying to "check the app." But there's nothing I can see in the app about the referral program or my specific code.

Does anyone know who I need to contact at Tesla to find out my referral code (or even if I'm eligible for the program)? I've reached out via their web site and the generic "Referrals" e-mail address but have not received a response yet.

Thanks,

-Chris

2. MrBoylan

MrBoylan Member

Also, can some friendly moderator fix the typo in my subject line? :) I don't think I have the ability to do that. (Eligible, not elegible).

3. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 100D 2019.32.12.2

In the app, do you see a little treasure chest icon at the top right of the screen when you are looking at your car? On Tesla's site, do you see anything on your My Tesla page?

• Like x 1
  4. Mxbzz

Mxbzz Member

The TM3 is eligible for the referral program. If you need it the code pronto, email Tesla and ask about it so they can manually push it to your account. Otherwise, I hear it can take up to two months for the referral link and loot box to appear.

• Like x 1
  5. MrBoylan

MrBoylan Member

Nothing in either place. Thanks.

6. Henry82

Henry82 Member

Which email did you use to contact Tesla?

7. MrBoylan

MrBoylan Member

Ah, well that explains it. Seems odd that it would take so long. I'll wait a bit longer for a reply then will try reaching out again.

Thanks!

-Chris

8. Mxbzz

Mxbzz Member

I personally haven’t done it but I’d assume the [email protected] mailbox would be able to route the request to the appropriate team.

9. MrBoylan

MrBoylan Member

I used ReferralProgram at tesla.com - 4 days ago. No reply yet. It was listed on the Tesla web site; I believe in the referral FAQ.

10. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

If you want a mod to do something, report your post. This isn't reddit where bots read everything that has the word 'mod' in it. :D

• Like x 1
  11. rtk86

rtk86 Member

I called the customer service line and they were able to have it immediately pushed to my account. Needed it for a last minute 4/30 referral to get free supercharging before it went away!

• Like x 1