TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 Owners: How long in the 3 months estimate?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by paulvinh, Mar 15, 2018.

1. paulvinh

paulvinh Member

If you are a Model 3 owner, How long into the 3 month estimator did you have to wait to receive the configuration email for your car?

For example: If the estimator said Jan-March 2018. Did you get a configuration email in late Jan , mid Feb or late Mar?

2. sperkin

sperkin Member

Mine was pushed to March - May and received email to configure on 2/28. Non owner, line waiter, SoCal.

3. paulvinh

paulvinh Member

Dang that is not cool. I thought there would be some consistency from 3 month estimator but I guess not.

4. fseir

fseir Member

Configuring before your 3 month estimate is very cool, IMO! Granted, the estimates moved back, but I was still happy to configure on 2/22, when my estimate was also Mar-May. But then again, the estimate is the delivery window, so in that respect, they're right on.

• Like x 2
  5. ForeverFree

ForeverFree Supporting Member

Nov - Jan window.

Invite Nov 22.

Delivery Dec 26.

SoCal owner, line-waiter.

6. novox77

novox77 1.21 Gigawatts

Dec-Feb, got invite to configure Jan 18.

7. Chewy3

Chewy3 If MacGvyer had a beard

(not counting the first 2 estimate windows)

March-May, got invited March 1st

8. eSpiritIV

eSpiritIV Member

In line waiter in Oregon. Original estimator Dec-Feb, after Q4 earnings call, pushed to Mar-May. .....Still waiting on config!!!!

9. John Lamoureux

John Lamoureux l Parzival l

Mar - May 2018 window, still waiting to config. Non-owner line-waiter in Natick, MA.

10. daniel

daniel Active Member

I think my original estimate was January-March. Then they revised it to January-February, but it stayed that way only a day or a few days, and then they changed it to December-February. I got the email on January 25, but because I was out of town I waited to order until February 2 or 3. The car was ready to be picked up on February 28, just inside the 3-month window, and 3 1/2 weeks after they said "within 4 weeks." But because of my delay in ordering and my request to have the car trucked to me (at no additional cost) it arrived on March 1.

Long-time Roadster owner in Spokane, WA.

11. Sandiegodoug

Sandiegodoug Member

Estimator nov-Jan
    Got email to configure Jan 5
    Delivery Jan 27
    2nd model 3
    Estimator dec-Jan 2019
    Email feb 14 to configure
    Las Vegas called, car will be ready any day