Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Owners: How long in the 3 months estimate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dang that is not cool. I thought there would be some consistency from 3 month estimator but I guess not.
Configuring before your 3 month estimate is very cool, IMO! Granted, the estimates moved back, but I was still happy to configure on 2/22, when my estimate was also Mar-May. But then again, the estimate is the delivery window, so in that respect, they're right on.

If you are a Model 3 owner, How long into the 3 month estimator did you have to wait to receive the configuration email for your car?

For example: If the estimator said Jan-March 2018. Did you get a configuration email in late Jan , mid Feb or late Mar?

Mar - May 2018 window, still waiting to config. Non-owner line-waiter in Natick, MA.

I think my original estimate was January-March. Then they revised it to January-February, but it stayed that way only a day or a few days, and then they changed it to December-February. I got the email on January 25, but because I was out of town I waited to order until February 2 or 3. The car was ready to be picked up on February 28, just inside the 3-month window, and 3 1/2 weeks after they said "within 4 weeks." But because of my delay in ordering and my request to have the car trucked to me (at no additional cost) it arrived on March 1.

Long-time Roadster owner in Spokane, WA.