Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 owners in New Zealand As of July 2019

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The 3 current registered cars are demo/test drive cars owned by tesla in Auckland
Okay, thanks. I was at the Auckland Showroom last month to chat with the employees and only saw one 3 on display, had no idea there were three of them there. The person I spoke with told me that the showroom car wasn’t legal to drive on the road since it was LHD.

I've created a form that we can use to track VIN's, confirmed VIN's, Dates, and Country.
For those who are privacy conscious I've allowed the ability to use XX as your last 2 digits, and for those who are happy to provide the full VIN, that's possible also.

If you have any issues with the form, or getting it to recognise the VIN (I've used pattern validation to match Model 3 VIN numbers), please send me a message with the VIN and I'll check what the issue is.

Form:
AUS / NZ Tesla Model 3 VIN Submission Form

Results:
AUS / NZ Tesla Model 3 VIN Submission Form (Responses)

Reactions: m4rtin
If anyone gets the call to pickup their car from the Auckland store in the next few months
might pay to leave plenty of time for navigating K rd to get to the store.
Drove past the store today, K rd is a mess from Newton rd to Upper Queen st with road works, closed lanes detours etc

• Informative
Reactions: T3SLA3
Is there a Tesla owners group (Model 3) in South Island New Zealand? My buddy hopes to be taking delivery of his Model 3 in the next couple of months and lives in Dunedin. I'd like to hook him up with fellow Model 3 owners on South Island so he can ask questions and gain important "start up" knowledge. I remember taking delivery of my wife's Model 3 (4 years ago October 2022) and not having clue. Even after 3+ years we continue to learn new things about our Model 3 Long Range.

Is there a Tesla owners group (Model 3) in South Island New Zealand? My buddy hopes to be taking delivery of his Model 3 in the next couple of months and lives in Dunedin. I'd like to hook him up with fellow Model 3 owners on South Island so he can ask questions and gain important "start up" knowledge. I remember taking delivery of my wife's Model 3 (4 years ago October 2022) and not having clue. Even after 3+ years we continue to learn new things about our Model 3 Long Range.
If he's on facebook there are several groups that might be relevant. https://m.facebook.com/groups/1745721909034602?view=info is the nz model 3 group. They def have local events he could go to, but i have no idea how busy Dunedin area is.

Reactions: OldPro
He can learn a lot about his upcoming Tesla by joining this Forum.
In addition he can join Tesla Owners Club New Zealand who may have members in Dunedin.

Reactions: OldPro