Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 owners who have owned a recent Model S -- which do you prefer?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From my experience with a recent Model S 75D, I'd say I much prefer the Model 3. The 3's interior feels much more relaxing and driving feels very agile. The 3's size is also a huge plus in my book, compared to the S.

That said, I REALLY miss the initial acceleration of the S (makes the 3 feel slow) as well as the larger frunk which I used to use every day and still do on my Model 3.

I owned a late 2016 S 75D and then sold it to buy my 3 after driving a friends 3. There are things I prefer in the S that are hard to put into words but overall I prefer the 3. On the open highway, the S is definitely more comfortable and holds a line better with less effort. It is in my opinion a better cruiser. My recollection is that it corners flatter, maybe due to the extra low hung weight. It was definitely quicker after being uncorked. However, for most of my driving, which is under 50 miles each way, the 3 being more nimble is more fun to drive. It is also much easier to park and more fuel efficient with a significant increase in range. I can fairly easily get it into and out of my garage where the S was a challenge. The rear seat on the S were more comfortable for my passengers (I don't have the new gun rear seats) but the AC was nowhere near as good as the 3s. It really depends on your needs and what compromises you are willing to make. I chose the 3 to best meet my needs.

Driven my sister's 3 quite a bit.

For mixed city and highway driving, I still prefer the S. Quieter, smoother, more refined.

For zipping around town for errands, the Model 3 is quite fun (and easier to park). I'm really looking forward to getting my... I mean my wife's.. 3P for this very reason. "Yes honey, happy to go get some more milk and eggs." ;)