Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 P and D options available for Canadians now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Options and pricing on the configurator. I’m itching to click the order button, but am gonna hold my reservation till next year.

Interesting note is that the 3PD qualifies for the $5K BC CEV rebate on the Tesla order page. Not to sure when you submit the rebate with a Performance base price of $85K if the BC program will you the $5K for a vehicle costing over $77K (unless they are saying the base is the dual motor at $70K and the performance is a package).

I think they will argue that the base is dual motor since the performance motor is a "binned" version of the same motor and basically the power output is limited by software. Crossing my fingers that I can squeeze another $5K discount but won't be surprised if that's just an oversight at the moment.

I'm really confused and hopefully someone can help answer this...

With the Model 3 order now you can choose RWD, AWD, or AWD Performance. Then you can select a "Performance Upgrade" that gives the following:

Performance Upgrade

Select Option
$6,600
  • 20” Performance Wheels
  • Carbon fiber spoiler
  • Aluminum alloy pedals
  • Increased top speed from 145mph to 155mph

QUESTION: Does anyone know if the red calipers are standard with the Dual Motor Performance - even if you don't order the "Performance Upgrade Package"?

I'm really confused and hopefully someone can help answer this...

With the Model 3 order now you can choose RWD, AWD, or AWD Performance. Then you can select a "Performance Upgrade" that gives the following:

Performance Upgrade

Select Option
$6,600
  • 20” Performance Wheels
  • Carbon fiber spoiler
  • Aluminum alloy pedals
  • Increased top speed from 145mph to 155mph

QUESTION: Does anyone know if the red calipers are standard with the Dual Motor Performance - even if you don't order the "Performance Upgrade Package"?

If you want the performance brakes with the red calipers you need to add the performance package. It also makes sense because the performance brakes are supposed to be bigger and probably wouldn't have fit in the 18" wheels.

@Ludatik Sadly, I suspect @McFlurri is right. I cannot see any path towards adding any new vehicles to the Ontario EHVIP when the stated direction of the Premier is to dismantle that program. And he will be in a position to take concrete steps in that direction in 2 days.
Trying to listen to my head and not the heart and stay with the rwd I configured last Monday. Only thing that has me thinking of switching is what if I'm not even getting the rebate on my rwd? Don't want to miss out on the car I want for $5300

Trying to listen to my head and not the heart and stay with the rwd I configured last Monday. Only thing that has me thinking of switching is what if I'm not even getting the rebate on my rwd? Don't want to miss out on the car I want for $5300
I'm in EXACTLY the same position. Decisions... decisions...
To add to the mayhem... looks like even RWD got delayed as well.

@Ludatik Sadly, I suspect @McFlurri is right. I cannot see any path towards adding any new vehicles to the Ontario EHVIP when the stated direction of the Premier is to dismantle that program. And he will be in a position to take concrete steps in that direction in 2 days.

I totally agree but still holding onto a sliver of hope that the AWD config appears on the eligibility list. I recently ordered a RWD so there’s still risk that I may not get any rebate at all.

I'm in EXACTLY the same position. Decisions... decisions...
To add to the mayhem... looks like even RWD got delayed as well.

I guess we’ll find out Friday how aggressive Ford will be in canceling the incentives. When I ordered RWD last week, the configurator said 4-8 weeks. I’m assuming that’s still somewhat accurate. 3-5 months for RWD would be painful.

Regarding Ontario - isn't there an upper limit on the price for cars that can get the incentive. Won't the AWD Model 3 be above that range?

The MSRP must be $75,000 or less. The AWD LR meets that criteria but the Performance model does not. Either way, the AWD version would have to go through the long evaluation process to be permitted under the EHVIP program which unfortunately is unlikely to happen.

• Informative
Reactions: 03DSG and mahagala