Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 P in Vancouver: How much do you pay for insurance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I’m paying CAD $2700 for insurance for my model 3 AWD (ICBC level -14, optional with Belair). What’s the insurance premium you pay for your model 3 performance? And with what company?

I may want to upgrade so I’m gathering info about the carrying cost.

• Excess Liability in addition to ICBC $200,000: $2,800,000
  • Collision or Upset Deductible: $300
  • Comprehensive Deductible: $200
  • Excess Underinsured Motorist Protection: $1,000,000
  • Limited Windshield Coverage
  • Autocomfort (Loss of use, Rental automobile and Travel Protection)
  • Replacement Value
  • Windshield Repair Endorsement 13R
The above is taken from my quote with Belair. The premium for this is $1,466.

• Replacement Value

My Coverage (all ICBC):

• 43% Discount
  • Rate Class 023 (drive to work less than 15km)
  • 10 Year Experience Driver discount
  • $300 Deductible (Collision and Comprehensive)
  • $2 Million 3rd Party Liability
  • Road Star Package ($25/year)
  • Custom License Plate ($45/year)
  • Replacement Cost insurance through Aviva

Total per year: $2,553

Keeping in mind this rate was locked in back in October, 2018. ICBC rates have/will go up by the time I renew.

92A0FFF2-6EFF-4EB1-8E35-7F57198A908F.jpeg
Is model 3 performance 75D AWD?

• Replacement Value

Just curious, how do you find the app? I was afraid that it would flag the acceleration as bad driving and cause a rate increase.

I had a quote for Belaire for 900, 2 million liability, 1000 collision deductable, 500 comprehensive, no replacement.

I didn't like the app idea so I went with bcaa who quoted 1150. But when I went to bcaa they found additional discounts (ev, experienced driver, joining bcaa, adding our other ev vehicle). It got the cost down to the belaire quote.

Edit * the quotes were for a SR+

I hate the app. Always reporting hard acceleration and hard braking. I did none of those. sometimes I feel AP got me into trouble - sudden acceleration + phantom braking.

I will probably go to BCAA and see what they can offer... how does it work switching to a different company? I just paid my Belair (yearly). Do I call and cancel?

By the way, I don’t feel comfortable without replacement though... did they not have replacement or did you not choose it?

I hate the app. Always reporting hard acceleration and hard braking. I did none of those. sometimes I feel AP got me into trouble - sudden acceleration + phantom braking.

I will probably go to BCAA and see what they can offer... how does it work switching to a different company? I just paid my Belair (yearly). Do I call and cancel?

By the way, I don’t feel comfortable without replacement though... did they not have replacement or did you not choose it?

I would expect you could cancel anytime and get a pro rated refund, but I've never dealt with Belaire before.

And yes I'm pretty sure they offer replacement. I didn't look into it much though as I wasn't interested.

Beyond the acceleration and braking, they also track the times you drive. You are penalized for driving between 2 am and 5 am. For my job, I often end my shift in those hours..... the was no way of escaping the "bad driving" penalties.... also, they consider answering a phone call while using the cars bluetooth dangerous.

@Funkmobile I see. but still. your quote is ~1550 cheaper. Even without that 850 replacement, yours is still 700 cheaper... I wonder why? Like my quote above is for AWD only, and yours is for performance which I assume should be much more expensive to insure... is your car listed on the insurance paper as "75D AWD" too? I asked the ICBC guy and their computer didn't show any P variant for model 3.

It did show P100D for model s

@Funkmobile I see. but still. your quote is ~1550 cheaper. Even without that 850 replacement, yours is still 700 cheaper... I wonder why? Like my quote above is for AWD only, and yours is for performance which I assume should be much more expensive to insure... is your car listed on the insurance paper as "75D AWD" too? I asked the ICBC guy and their computer didn't show any P variant for model 3.

It did show P100D for model s

They might have changed the classifications for the 2019 model year. My insurance papers just list my car as:
Make:
Tesla
Model: 3