Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 P- track day

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone with a M3P- done a track day and if so where and how did you find it?
I'd really like to do one somewhere but conscious about overheating the brakes very easily.
Also as your normal car insurance doesn't cover you for track days wheres the best place to get track day insurance included as well? Just done a quote and it was half the cost of my annual insurance for half a track day!haha

Totally at arms length... ie. I know someone and heard about it, and the long and short was it overheated very quickly. Ie within a lap or two.

I've seen youtubes of people on the Nurburgring, and brakes overheating there.

In terms of insurance talk to someone like REIS. I used them for a previous car and they included 6 track days a year.

Has anyone with a M3P- done a track day and if so where and how did you find it?
I'd really like to do one somewhere but conscious about overheating the brakes very easily.
Also as your normal car insurance doesn't cover you for track days wheres the best place to get track day insurance included as well? Just done a quote and it was half the cost of my annual insurance for half a track day!haha

I do it several times a year and this is a GREAT place. I know it's not in the UK but in France so there is that. The benefit is:

1) There is a Supercharger 5 minutes away
2) The cost is low at 50 Euro for a half day which is more than enough for me to have a blast
3) The track is challenging, but if you screw up badly and slide off the track it is only grass and nothing that you can hit and seriously damaging the car

The risk is (and applies to really any track with an open track day) that you will likely find some cheap and tuned cars like old Fiat Punto's and such. They might not care as much about getting in an accident as you do with the value of the Tesla. I've had no problem in my case and have outrun and passed all of them with ease being mindful to avoid doing that in hairpin turns, etc. Also being mindful that some drivers are not fully aware of track etiquette, when to move aside and let a car pass, etc. So you need to be a bit defensive as well.

You will need to sign a waiver before they let you on the track and in most cases your standard insurance is useless. I can buy insurance for them onsite for the day at reasonable cost but don't remember the price.

I changed out my brake fluid to Motul 800F, installed steel brake lines from Unplugged (no flexing) and my brake pads to Unplugged Performance Track and Street. This is better, but I'd really love to swap out everything to the Brembo Big Brake kit or the MPP's. Those can't be legally homologated in Switzerland though so I did what I could. It's certainly manageable with Track mode and the aggressive regen if you master the approach and turn in's. Was second nature to me after 1-2 laps.

It's a total blast and I recommend everyone give it a go!

Sorry, only in French:

Circuit de Bresse : Circuit pour Voiture, Moto & Karting

Reactions: m3p_uk