Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 P without Performance Package, only for $68700

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, the option is there with a checkered flag, but greyed out.
Actually it's there now. I went out to the car and checked again. It was still greyed out. I was pressing this and that, and pressed sport steering. With that, track mode came to life and so did creep mode which had also previously been greyed out.
Selecting track mode brought up a warning including not to use on public roads. It did not return to greyed out, even when I returned steering to standard.
So there you have it, performance lite with track mode!

Actually it's there now. I went out to the car and checked again. It was still greyed out. I was pressing this and that, and pressed sport steering. With that, track mode came to life and so did creep mode which had also previously been greyed out.
Selecting track mode brought up a warning including not to use on public roads. It did not return to greyed out, even when I returned steering to standard.
So there you have it, performance lite with track mode!
what does track mode actually do, in the absence of big brakes and advanced suspension parts?

what does track mode actually do, in the absence of big brakes and advanced suspension parts?
Track mode manipulates how the traction control reacts to certain driving conditions. It uses a combination of motor power and brakes to achieve this. Suspension does not directly factor into track mode. What this means for the P3D- is that you'll want to change your brakes (at least the pads and fluids) if you want to use track mode for an extended period of time.

• Informative
Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
From the manual:

Track Mode, available only on Performance Model 3 vehicles, modifies the vehicle's stability control, traction control, regenerative braking, and cooling system to increase performance and handling while driving on closed circuit courses. Track Mode improves cornering ability by intelligently using the vehicle's motors, and regenerative and traditional braking systems. When enabled, the cooling system runs at an increased level during and after aggressive driving sessions to allow your vehicle’s systems to withstand the surplus heat.

If you can afford it, go for it. This is a crazy awesome price and I would do this in a heartbeat....especially since this is 10k less than what I paid for my AWD last September :eek:

20k is a big chunk of change, plus tax. But it's crazy to think that this same config was over 90k in September (stealth performance with white paint and EAP is the closest match, despite EAP not existing anymore).

I'll tell you one thing, if they offered a software unlock of the performance speed on my AWD for a few $k I'd probably go for it.

HAVE TO SAY, MANY OF US WITH THE AWD WOULD "GO FOR IT"

Has anyone actually bought the 68K version? Essentially the car with just the software update to make it faster? I've asked my local Tesla dealership and the only inventory ones were with upgraded wheels, paint and interior.
The closest to $67,400 price would be myself and InfinitiGuy with our $70,000 Red P3D-s and black interiors ($2,600 upcharge for red paint). Never was able to find any cheaper configuration. Not sure if a $67,400 P3D- would have come with the free black or white paint.

The closest to $67,400 price would be myself and InfinitiGuy with our $70,000 Red P3D-s and black interiors ($2,600 upcharge for red paint). Never was able to find any cheaper configuration. Not sure if a $67,400 P3D- would have come with the free black or white paint.

Thanks for the reply. Did the 70K Red P3D- you paid include the $1280 destination / document fee?

I got one of the 70k red delivered on Tuesday this week. Took exactly 3 weeks for delivery. I was told by sales on the day before I ordered at 5pm, they had a black with white interior, red with black and grey with white with the 18s. She said, these were the last 3 in Canada and when they were gone they were gone. Girl was supposed to call me back at 530 before she went home that day to confirm my order. She didn't and when someone called back the next morning at 9am, the grey with white that I wanted was gone so I went with the red. The next day I contemplated switching to black with white but my new sales guy said it was gone and the only options left had the 19s or the full Pup. I'd imagine that even those with the 19s are probably gone by now. Had I been able to pick, I would have got white on black or white on white.

I picked up mine yesterday in Vancouver. It was the red with black interior and 19" wheels. It was approximately $72K before taxes. I upgraded from a LR AWD, which I was able to return within the 7 day refund period.

Attachments

• 20190831_224738.jpg
    20190831_224738.jpg
    778 KB · Views: 89
Call a Tesla store. They're the only people who can give you a definitive answer. Maybe someone took delivery, drove it for a bit, didn't like it, and returned it. Then that's an opportunity to pick up a P3D- for even cheaper.
I'll tell him. Anyone have a sales rep to speak to who is familiar with these cars? He asked at Oakville and the person he spoke with didn't know what he was talking about because it wasn't on the website.