Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 P3D Wheel Alignment cost from Tesla ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, Does anyone know out here in bayarea CA how much will Service center usually charge for wheel alignment ?

Also anything that I should watch out for ? I recently got new tires and one of my TPMS sensor is also mis reading it I got a estimate for TPMS only $95 .. Is that not covered under warranty ?

So first the rear was kind of off and now front is even though as per americas tire all tire are set to 45 PSI.. I might have tesla bring it down to 42 PSI

They are cross climate plus.

Similar experience for me with a Model 3 in the UK.

The Tesla SC wanted to charge a lot of money for wheel alignment and few general-purpose centres wanted to touch a Tesla for fear of compromising the self-driving technology they perceived to be in the car.

In the end, I found a local shop that charged me a fraction of Tesla's price and did a great job. The car never felt better afterwards and it had no effect on the Autopilot.

I think I just need rotation on my single motor - every 5k miles, right?
What does Tesla in CA charge for that, and how can you know if it needs alignment too?
Do they then install the HW3 on all cars that bought the add-on to EAP? It's getting old waiting for something you paid for.

So I was just at service center first I texted them yesterday they said only take couple of hours.

When Arrived they were like We cannot guarantee it will be done today. (This is after I made sure it would be possible the same day) So I Just rescheduled do not want to go back in uber or anything and come back again.

2nd - Service advisor said so they do charge $82ish + for check and then additional $220 for alignment or something.. bringing it to $302.

They cannot just do alignment without checking.. means basically $302 ish if you go thru Tesla This was in Dublin CA.

Now my question is anyone in bayarea knows any good alignment shop where they have got there alignment done ?

By the way Tesla do recommend getting alignment every 12k miles as per advisor. I think every other cars are same to check for alignment.

Which I dont mind.. However seems like tesla is the only one so far I have found which can do alignments. and yes it is almost at 3 times the cost.

• Informative
Reactions: Punjabi510
I wanna share with you, I was able to get the wheel alignment done at Wheel Works in Walnut Creek CA.

It was $200 But it is a lifetime. So cannot beat the price.

Experience - I would say It wasn't great in terms of wait time after appointment was already there. It went about an hour over estimated wait time. That is even after the appointment I had to wait 1 hr just to get the car in.

How was the alignment I am not sure I got a print out tech said it is good to go it was a lil bit out.. Here are the results.

upload_2020-3-31_15-18-0.png

After the appointment I did noticed, The Car White interior was dirty I can share some pictures if you want. However thanks to Tesla Material I was able to clean it myself.

Now the tech did say he set the air also to 42 psi all around However that was not the case this is after I specifically asked them to set it to that When I did start driving on free way car was registering all the old reading which were over or less.

I then stopped at Firestone on my way back and they adjusted the pressure and everything was good there after.

So Yes, Experience was not great however I am glad still I found a shop which can do alignment apart from just Tesla service centers.

Reactions: destructure00
Needed an alignment every 12k or 1 year as per advisor and that has been the case with every car I owned. Please let me know if I am missing something ? Specially bay area road pot holes also require it to check or have one sooner.. But Pull is not always the reason I thought for an alignment you may not even have a pull and still be causing the tires to wear unevenly so that is why you check alignment every 12k miles or 1 year..

Reactions: M109Rider
FWIW there is nothing special about aligning a Model 3. Sounds like many shops are treating this thing like it's a car from outer space, but in reality it's simpler than most cars out there (aside from the computer wizardry, which isn't really serviceable by anyone). Its alignment is actually far more crude than many other cars in its category, which is why guys on here have to buy aftermarket components to make the suspension more adjustable.

FWIW there is nothing special about aligning a Model 3. Sounds like many shops are treating this thing like it's a car from outer space, but in reality it's simpler than most cars out there (aside from the computer wizardry, which isn't really serviceable by anyone). Its alignment is actually far more crude than many other cars in its category, which is why guys on here have to buy aftermarket components to make the suspension more adjustable.

Could someone please confirm this. My long time local tire shop (not a national brand shop) told me they could not align my Model 3 because of the auto-pilot settings. Are any auto-pilot controls affected by the alignment? I'm taking my car in this afternoon for new tires and again they told me they can't do the alignment. They'll check it, but can't do it.

Could someone please confirm this. My long time local tire shop (not a national brand shop) told me they could not align my Model 3 because of the auto-pilot settings. Are any auto-pilot controls affected by the alignment? I'm taking my car in this afternoon for new tires and again they told me they can't do the alignment. They'll check it, but can't do it.
I can confirm that the most senior Tesla techs have specifically told me that unless your alignment is insanely out-of-whack, there’s absolutely no issue with taking it to any competent shop. I can also confirm that a lot of places think this car requires a PhD to work on, when in reality it’s still just a car.

When they design a car they have to take all sorts of scenarios into account. There’s nothing out of the ordinary about someone somewhere eventually taking their Tesla to a non-Tesla shop for an alignment. If you eff something up, the car will throw an error.

Reactions: alexgr