Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 P3D Wheel Alignment cost from Tesla ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pricing seems to be all over the board. I had my AWD aligned at the Plano SC for around $140 last year. I had nerfed a curb when someone drifted into my lane, but I only had one wheel with any setting out of spec, and that was on the other side of the car.

Needed an alignment every 12k or 1 year as per advisor and that has been the case with every car I owned. Please let me know if I am missing something ? Specially bay area road pot holes also require it to check or have one sooner.. But Pull is not always the reason I thought for an alignment you may not even have a pull and still be causing the tires to wear unevenly so that is why you check alignment every 12k miles or 1 year..
That advice is ludicrous. I have owned countless cars in 42 years of driving and taken very good care of them; I only had to get an alignment on one and that was a used Porsche GT3 that I wanted to track and could tell was not quite right when I picked it up and drove home (previous owner had an off-track "excursion" that I think explained it!). Tech writer for BMWCCA gives pointed maintenance advice and alignment is not on the list. If you track a lot, might do before and after each event to optimize for track/street, but otherwise unless you really whack something, change suspension components or notice pull or uneven wear, nope. It is also said that incompetence is widespread in that arena and oft times you could end up worse than when you went in...

Reactions: alexgr
I can confirm that the most senior Tesla techs have specifically told me that unless your alignment is insanely out-of-whack, there’s absolutely no issue with taking it to any competent shop. I can also confirm that a lot of places think this car requires a PhD to work on, when in reality it’s still just a car.

When they design a car they have to take all sorts of scenarios into account. There’s nothing out of the ordinary about someone somewhere eventually taking their Tesla to a non-Tesla shop for an alignment. If you eff something up, the car will throw an error.

thanks much for the feedback, will try to convince my local guy again to take a look.

Tesla wanted 300, ended up at Firestone for $200 lifetime alignment. Car feels better than the day I picked it up. There's nothing special about the alignment, as long as the shop knows what they are doing. Biggest issue for them was placing the car in neutral with no one sitting in it.

Reactions: Dolemite
First shop I called in Sunnyvale, CA said they don't do alignment for Teslas. They referred me to a shop in Mountain View, CA that quoted me today: $90 to inspect. If front or rear needs alignment, an additional $60. If all four wheels need alignment, total cost will be $280. This is for a M3 RWD.

Wow, 2x what I would expect. I think I'll call around some more.

Hi, Does anyone know out here in bayarea CA how much will Service center usually charge for wheel alignment ?

Tesla just charged me $302.25 for a four wheel alignment (Check And Adjust Camber Caster Toe) (Ballast Bags), Plus $58.50 to "
Perform Validation Test Drive". This was after the $292.50 General Diagnosis to find out that my car had disabled multiple systems for what I had assumed was a faulty sensor.

Systems disabled due to misalignment (or so they say):
Automatic Emergency Braking Disabled
Traction Control Disabled
Stability Control Disabled
Cruise Control Disabled (includes AutoPilot)
Regenerative Braking Disabled

I saw an AZ guy get quoted $240 for an alignment at Tesla SC. Probably the same everywhere. Find a good 3rd party shop and take it there, I recently had an alignment done to my provided specs for $80.

Where did you get the specs? Can you share them? I had called around and the local shops and they either don't want to do it or are telling me they don't have the specs. I've called Tesla in Tampa, they want $271.20 plus tax, but are unable to provide me with the specs. They said, once I do the alignment with them, they will provide the specs in the receipt. Thank you!

Reactions: alexgr
Tesla wanted 300, ended up at Firestone for $200 lifetime alignment. Car feels better than the day I picked it up. There's nothing special about the alignment, as long as the shop knows what they are doing. Biggest issue for them was placing the car in neutral with no one sitting in it.
The Firestone I went to here (Lombard, IL--highest rated Firestone in Chicago area) wouldn't align my M3P, but I did talk them into checking it and all toe was out of whack (as I suspected due to tire wear.). Took it to Tesla, would not deal with under warranty (like I knocked all 4 out of whack in 4k!) and wanted $272; nope, will try to find someone to do it. Might try begging with Firestone--ain't rocket science!

Needed an alignment every 12k or 1 year as per advisor and that has been the case with every car I owned.
I only did the alignment once on one of my cars after a steering rod has been replaced after an accident. That was once in the past 20 years. I think you are missing something and someone is getting something from you.

The Firestone I went to here (Lombard, IL--highest rated Firestone in Chicago area) wouldn't align my M3P, but I did talk them into checking it and all toe was out of whack (as I suspected due to tire wear.). Took it to Tesla, would not deal with under warranty (like I knocked all 4 out of whack in 4k!) and wanted $272; nope, will try to find someone to do it. Might try begging with Firestone--ain't rocket science!
One option is to check if there’s a Tesla approved body shop near you. They may have an alignment machine and you’d know they can do Tesla alignments.

Tesla’s site has a list of these shops.

I did this about a month ago and it worked out great. Cost was $125.