Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 PA Rebate Changes Again?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I took delivery of my Long Range AWD with White Paint (total $51,400) on 6/18/19. When I purchased it, I was told that it qualified for PA's $1,750 EV Rebate, (Any EV under $60,000), but that I couldn't apply until I had my registration in hand. My Registration arrived on 7/3/19. I just went online to fill out the application, and it appears they have changed the program, effective July 1, to only include vehicles under $50,000... and the Rebate has now dropped down to $1,500. So now it appears that not only am I screwed out of the $1,750 rebate I was promised, but because of the white paint upgrade, I'm not even eligible for the $1,500! Any other recent PA owners running into this?

I was told by my delivery person that it would not be a problem. Even have a email into her explaining my concerns with the PA changes attached. She said not to worry and that my car would not be over 50k on my paperwork. The hell it wasn’t. Received the car 6/21. Received the paperwork on dated 7/6. I’m calling them tomorrow raising hell. I have emails saying I will be getting it. If this is not the case worse case is legal action. I feel like I was lied to. This is one thing I figured into buying the vehicle.

I took delivery of my Model 3 on June 10 and the rebate in effect was $1750 for cars under $60k. Got my Bill of Sale from Tesla on July 2 and submitted the paperwork for my rebate on July 16. (You have 6 months to apply). The rebate is denied because the new policy, effective July 1, only includes cars under $50k, and applies to when you submitted the request, not when you take delivery.

The policy should be from when you took delivery, not when you applied for the rebate. AND the PA DEP should have provided notice of the upcoming change.

There's gonna be a lot of angry Tesla buyers who purchased before the end of June to get the federal $3750, and were counting on the state $1750. So that grey paint adder cost me $3250. Complain to: Lindsay Byron, PA DEP 717-772-8951.

Hello everyone. I am in the same boat. Just got notice this AM that my application was not approved...

I ordered a Long Range RWD w/ FSD. What kills me is if I had known this was even a possiblity, i simply could have not ordered FSD at the time of sale.

I agree, that it should be when you took delivery, but Tesla should have been aware of this as well.

I contacted the store I purchased it from. I wasn't the first person to have this situation, especially since I had a software option that could have been added later to ensure qualification. They said they will be reviewing this.

FYI, they said Tesla isn't too happy either, and were even considered suing. No one at the PA locations was ever notified by Harrisburg of the potential change...

Has anyone else notified Tesla and received an update or some type of resolution?

Hello everyone. I am in the same boat. Just got notice this AM that my application was not approved...

I ordered a Long Range RWD w/ FSD. What kills me is if I had known this was even a possiblity, i simply could have not ordered FSD at the time of sale.

I agree, that it should be when you took delivery, but Tesla should have been aware of this as well.

I contacted the store I purchased it from. I wasn't the first person to have this situation, especially since I had a software option that could have been added later to ensure qualification. They said they will be reviewing this.

FYI, they said Tesla isn't too happy either, and were even considered suing. No one at the PA locations was ever notified by Harrisburg of the potential change...

Has anyone else notified Tesla and received an update or some type of resolution?

Was Tesla able to do anything? I am in the same boat.

Just to be clear (as a PA resident who bought in 2017) Tesla is not where you should be directing your anger. Your local and state reps are the boneheads who can’t put a comprehensive environmental incentive plan in place and thus have had this constant back and forth, on again, off again, high limit, low limit B.S. since it began.

PA pulled a similar stunt back in 2017 with very little warning. We snagged our rebate on the S just as others were taking delivery and got screwed because of the dramatically reduced max price.

If I bought the car from Pittsburgh in April 2019 but moved out of state in June, will I still be able to file for the incentive and have them send me a check where I currently live? Also, is it true that I only have six months after buying the car to apply for it?

I took delivery of my Model 3 on June 10 and the rebate in effect was $1750 for cars under $60k. Got my Bill of Sale from Tesla on July 2 and submitted the paperwork for my rebate on July 16. (You have 6 months to apply). The rebate is denied because the new policy, effective July 1, only includes cars under $50k, and applies to when you submitted the request, not when you take delivery.

The policy should be from when you took delivery, not when you applied for the rebate. AND the PA DEP should have provided notice of the upcoming change.

There's gonna be a lot of angry Tesla buyers who purchased before the end of June to get the federal $3750, and were counting on the state $1750. So that grey paint adder cost me $3250. Complain to: Lindsay Byron, PA DEP 717-772-8951.

Did you get any response from PA for your complaint?