Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Paint (Ice Scraper Damage)

Scraped paint off with a plastic ice scraper on my Model 3, is this:

• duh, expected (why would you ever touch your car with a plastic ice scraper!)

Votes: 77 83.7%
  • surprising (but some cars are just like this)

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • totally unexpected (wouldn't imagine that happening, or you do it to your own car all the time)

Votes: 8 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First and foremost - ouch. Sorry to hear that.

But secondly, invest in a Sno Brum - that thing is WONDERFUL for clearing off the car, safely. What I usually do is use the Sno Brum to push the snow off the car, then like @SabrToothSqrl said, turn on the heat and let it warm up. Usually very little left at that point. Anything that's left, sometimes I gently smack it with the Sno Brum and then it breaks apart and I can slide it off.

I really can't recommend the Sno Brum enough - one of the most important vehicle accessories I've ever bought.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010MFYL02

Thanks for this info. Last week my M3 sat outside at a friend's house and got about 7" of snow on it. I used the typical snow-removal brush to clean the main parts of the car. Paint looks fine, but I held my breath as I did the cleaning, fearing that it might cause problems. I do have the PPF on the front and ceramic coating overall. I'll get the SnoBrum. :)