Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

This reminds me of the condoms that Apple offered for the iPhone 4 problems. I wonder how much difference it will really make though. Seems like it will just delay the paint problems, with Tesla hoping the car will be out of warranty by then.

Did Bjorn test how much mudflaps affect range?

Some kind of protection film would have been better.

Also are they going to fix all the cars that are already damaged? They all need stripping and respraying.

Reactions: super20g
Our warrant claim has been rejected as well. This is one season of winter driving. Has anyone else pursued arbitration on this matter?

Attachments

• IMG_1002.jpeg
    IMG_1002.jpeg
    548.2 KB · Views: 325
Good question, in Europe consumer laws would force them to fix that for free.
Vermont. One of the first m3s on the road up here.. late 2018. We have told tesla that we are following their guidelines on dispute resolution and ready to go to arbitration. We are still waiting for their response..... thanks for everyone's helpful suggestions.

Vermont. One of the first m3s on the road up here.. late 2018. We have told tesla that we are following their guidelines on dispute resolution and ready to go to arbitration. We are still waiting for their response..... thanks for everyone's helpful suggestions.

Is this one of those forced arbitration things? They are illegal here but I suppose you have no choice.

yes- it is a learning experience for us. So far, it has been quite delayed. They are clearly putting a great deal of effort into how to respond.
Can you please explain what the arbitration process is. I have similar paint issues with my Model 3 in the wheel well area on both sides. Hopefully, this will be covered by warranty and doesn’t have to go to arbitration

Attachments

• A4F58FF2-2244-4813-83B0-A4AE4F1E8E4F.jpeg
    A4F58FF2-2244-4813-83B0-A4AE4F1E8E4F.jpeg
    428.5 KB · Views: 272
  • 868DCB37-0EBF-4726-A4AB-C103F15502B1.jpeg
    868DCB37-0EBF-4726-A4AB-C103F15502B1.jpeg
    422.8 KB · Views: 255
Can you please explain what the arbitration process is. I have similar paint issues with my Model 3 in the wheel well area on both sides. Hopefully, this will be covered by warranty and doesn’t have to go to arbitration

Thanks for the clear pictures. As I read the US warranty, which is 12years, Tesla unfortunately only cover rust from the inside and only if you DONT apply any rust proofing. When you look inside the hole in the fender liner, where the fender meets the rocker. can you see any rust? To me that lookslike

Thanks for the clear pictures. As I read the US warranty, which is 12years, Tesla unfortunately only cover rust from the inside and only if you DONT apply any rust proofing. When you look inside the hole in the fender liner, where the fender meets the rocker. can you see any rust? To me that lookslike
.....looks like a place where sandy salt water or brine could enter and cause rust from the inside, which should be covered. Good luck and keep us posted

Under their "dispute resolution" here https://www.tesla.com/sites/default...sories-body-repair-limited-warranty-en-us.pdf What is frustrating is that Tesla Canada and Finland are responding very different than the U.S. The US is taking an abusrd hard line that salt is external chemicals and the car does not need to stand up to this...

Yes, this is precisely what our car looked like after 2 months.. .by end of winter, the paint was flaking off in large chunks and the rust growing like algae. Jump on the complaint as soon as possible. It took us months to get response from the dedham service center (very negative experience)

• Helpful
Reactions: omgwtfbyobbq
Yes, this is precisely what our car looked like after 2 months.. .by end of winter, the paint was flaking off in large chunks and the rust growing like algae. Jump on the complaint as soon as possible. It took us months to get response from the dedham service center (very negative experience)

Update: I spoke to the service center again and they state it’s not covered under warranty. In Quebec (where I live), there’s an ongoing class action lawsuit against Tesla about this very issue. I’m not holding my breathe as it can years to resolve.

Reactions: 1 person