Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 parking lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gosh it's many years since I've used parking lights however it's still a legal requirement if you are parked on a road with a speed limit greater than 40mph.
I don't think it's a law that is enforced though as that would require the police to get off their ........ (drifts off into Daily Mail rant mode)

Living in the Shropshire countryside I do sometimes park my car in poorly lit country lanes.
In my previous Golf R I did often leave the side lights on on the side of the car that was closer to the road in order to increase visibility.

I do wish my M3 had that as well...

Reactions: MrBadger
Living in the Shropshire countryside I do sometimes park my car in poorly lit country lanes.
In my previous Golf R I did often leave the side lights on on the side of the car that was closer to the road in order to increase visibility.

I do wish my M3 had that as well...

yes, this was the situation I had in mind when I raised the question. We have friends we visit who live on a 30 mph road with no streetlights. Much better to leave the car showing some parking lights. Our previous BMW mini and Mercedes could do that easily. Bit more awkward now but at least there is a way to leave all four corners illuminated

• Informative
Reactions: MrBadger
Is that the UK version of the manual that you downloaded as in mine it says nothing about "Parking"

8CF54FA0-715F-4F16-9CF5-337B922FD971.jpeg

Europe uses symbols instead of words. They’re labeled “PARKING” in the US.