Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 part 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

malcolm

Nov 12, 2006
Alternate Jones on Twitter

Let's recap.

Model 3 part 1 featured Model 3 (how vanilla was that!)

Model 3 part 2 took it to the next level by being all about AP 2.0 hardware (psych!)

Soooo....

Model 3 part 3 is where.........

Tesla Glass is a lovely range of cut crystal.

Model Y is the name of Elon's new band. (It's a chromosome thing)

Any left-field alternatives?

I would guess early next year especially after AP 2.0 data starts coming in just in case there are last minute hardware changes that need to happen.

November Elon will be preoccupied with making sure SpaceX launches again, December is panic mode where Tesla tries to make a bunch of AP 2.0 enabled vehicle deliveries in the last month of the quarter and still try to make their target numbers. January is the soonest break I can see and most people will slack off for the first few weeks in Jan. That makes Feb/March look more attractive. (just a wild guess though)

There is a January event at Gigafactory. Not sure if they have stated the reason, but possible they could be unveiling the final design and interior.
I was not aware of a January "event" at the Gigafactory. Your source is?

The next Model 3 reveal will not take place at that location, too remote and not related to the final details of the car that everyone has been waiting for. It will be in Hawthorne or Fremont.

I'm thinking that for the M≡ R3 event Elon will be on stage showing pictures of the finished interior while describing how innovative and futuristic it is. They won't have enough time to produce an actual prototype by then.
Why is that? Pencils have been down for a while. Its my perspective that if you have enough money - You can almost do anything you want.

Please read the previous sentence carefully before you riddle me with personal insults -- I said "almost".

I'm thinking that for the M≡ R3 event Elon will be on stage showing pictures of the finished interior while describing how innovative and futuristic it is. They won't have enough time to produce an actual prototype by then.

Funny you should say that. We all thought Part 1 would go the same way, and yet they were able to produce 2 working Alpha prototypes, without any images of them being leaked until only a few hours before the event.

At this point, I'm pretty sure there are a handful of Beta prototypes testing indoors in Fremont.

Funny you should say that. We all thought Part 1 would go the same way, and yet they were able to produce 2 working Alpha prototypes, without any images of them being leaked until only a few hours before the event.

At this point, I'm pretty sure there are a handful of Beta prototypes testing indoors in Fremont.
More importantly - Why did you pick that picture for your profile?

• Informative
Reactions: EinSV

This is exactly why I said it. It was a tongue-in-cheek reference to those who said that about R1. I never thought they would have a reveal without an actual prototype to show. At least Red Sage got the joke.

This is exactly why I said it. It was a tongue-in-cheek reference to those who said that about R1. I never thought they would have a reveal without an actual prototype to show. At least Red Sage got the joke.
Tesla drug a wooden prototype on the stage during Reveal 1...so I'm not sure that if they wanted to - they couldn't get another wooden model on the stage.

Tesla will be able to display a wooden Reveal 3 if they wanted to by then...so I'm not drinking that "not enough time" kool-aid.

• Funny
Reactions: 3Victoria