Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Partial Premium to Premium Interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if this affect those who had previously bought it? I bought it in June and back then, LED Fog Lights was still part of the partial premium.
Depends on your build date. Pretty sure every Model 3 coming to Australia right now was early enough to have the fog lights actually built into the car as opposed to the black inserts. The only thing is that the software no longer allows you to turn them on.

Depends on your build date. Pretty sure every Model 3 coming to Australia right now was early enough to have the fog lights actually built into the car as opposed to the black inserts. The only thing is that the software no longer allows you to turn them on.
Have seen on twitter Australian SR+ with foglights and they do definitely work, also some one did have an email from Tesla stating that all cars ordered before the foglights were removed from website will be supplied with them or retrofitted at a later date.

Hey Folks

I'm based in the UK and ordered in early May (when the SR+ partial premium interior stated 'fog lamps') and took delivery in early Sept.

The car I have has black plastic blanking plates where the front fog lights should be.

One person in the UK said their Service Centre has agreed to retrofit the front fog lights. I have requested the same via the Tesla app but no confirmation back from the Service Centre yet.

If you ordered before the spec change (date could vary by country) I would advise contacting Tesa and requesting a retrofit. They have a duty to honor the spec at time of order.

Yes, the rear seat heaters are one of the software limited features. You can only turn on the front ones in the SR+ and it is widely believed that the rear seats do have the heater hardware but they are inaccessible.

My SR+ initially had the rear seat heaters operational but this functionality disappeared after a software update a couple of weeks after delivery. There are several reports of similar experiences on recently delivered UK cars.

What would be the point of a trial period if there is no option to purchase afterwards?
There probably will be...just can't be sure of when.
My response to you was based on the fact that I've been reading about the same thing happening to cars in the states and in the UK. A close relative in London also had the same thing happen and the timing seems to be similar as well.

There probably will be...just can't be sure of when.
My response to you was based on the fact that I've been reading about the same thing happening to cars in the states and in the UK
I'm hoping they will allow an option to pay to unlock the rear seat heaters if not crazy priced, apparently the seat heaters are the most efficient energy wise to heat.
Would be an easy source of an additional income for them to initiate.

Reactions: Furfy and Dave3333
Order page on Tesla.com (USA) website still shows the difference for me.

Partial Premium Interior Includes:

• 12-way power adjustable heated front seats
  • Premium seat material and trim
  • Upgraded audio – immersive sound
  • LED fog lamps
  • Center console with storage, 4 USB ports and docking for 2 smartphones
Premium Interior Includes:

• 12-way power adjustable front and rear heated seats
  • Premium audio – 14 speakers, 1 subwoofer, 2 amps, and immersive sound
  • Premium Connectivity (1 year included):
    • Satellite maps with live traffic visualization
    • In-car internet streaming music and media
    • More frequent over-the-air updates via cellular
    • Internet browser
  • LED fog lamps
  • Center console with storage, 4 USB ports and docking for 2 smartphones
All Interiors Include:

• Tinted glass roof with ultraviolet and infrared protection
  • Auto dimming, power folding, heated side mirrors
  • Music and media over Bluetooth ®
  • Custom driver profiles

Hi tesla owners, new 2020 M3 SR base (not plus) owner here. I added white Partial Premium Interior option for $1000. The white interior, makes the car look more spacious. Question, Would anyone here know if the Immersive Sound feature is included with partial premium package in their M3 SR? I called tesla sales and they confirmed that it's included in the partial premium package, but when checked it was missing. I asked service to install it and they claim that since I purchased the base model 3 SR it does not come with the immersive sound even though I paid for it. Would anyone here know if this true? The partial premium option does list immersive sound but I couldn't find anywhere in writing to verify their claim that it was removed from the base model. Any clarification would be very helpful.
Thank you

Hi tesla owners, new 2020 M3 SR base (not plus) owner here. I added white Partial Premium Interior option for $1000. The white interior, makes the car look more spacious. Question, Would anyone here know if the Immersive Sound feature is included with partial premium package in their M3 SR? I called tesla sales and they confirmed that it's included in the partial premium package, but when checked it was missing. I asked service to install it and they claim that since I purchased the base model 3 SR it does not come with the immersive sound even though I paid for it. Would anyone here know if this true? The partial premium option does list immersive sound but I couldn't find anywhere in writing to verify their claim that it was removed from the base model. Any clarification would be very helpful.
Thank you

Is this in Australia? We don’t have white for SR, let alone the option to order SR only?

the rear heated seat purchase is available now in AUS for $500.. i'm hoping it also enabled the ambient lights i.e. foot well and pocket lights as i confirm i have those as they light up during software upgrades.

Certainly hope that tesla will bring out another upgrade purchase which includes fog lights, premium sound upgrade and ambient lights as all 3 with currrent builds i.e. Nov 2019 and onward all require hardware retro fitting (i.e. subwoofer with amp) in addition to software configure to enable these features on the MCU.