Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Partial Premium to Premium Interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wondering what are the differences between Partial Premium and Full Premium?

They’re both listing near the same when one looks at the details....like same sound system, same traffic aware routing and visualisations, same garage opening etc....all the things that are meant to be the things that are different are listed the same with the exception of small trim changes and front only to front/rear heated seats....

Order page on Tesla.com (USA) website still shows the difference for me.

Partial Premium Interior Includes:

• 12-way power adjustable heated front seats
  • Premium seat material and trim
  • Upgraded audio – immersive sound
  • LED fog lamps
  • Center console with storage, 4 USB ports and docking for 2 smartphones
Premium Interior Includes:

• 12-way power adjustable front and rear heated seats
  • Premium audio – 14 speakers, 1 subwoofer, 2 amps, and immersive sound
  • Premium Connectivity (1 year included):
    • Satellite maps with live traffic visualization
    • In-car internet streaming music and media
    • More frequent over-the-air updates via cellular
    • Internet browser
  • LED fog lamps
  • Center console with storage, 4 USB ports and docking for 2 smartphones
All Interiors Include:

• Tinted glass roof with ultraviolet and infrared protection
  • Auto dimming, power folding, heated side mirrors
  • Music and media over Bluetooth ®
  • Custom driver profiles

I’m talking about our list, they read near identical....for example speakers are listed as identical as in the visual aware traffic routing (note the visual means one sees the read/yellow lines etc.)....listed differently in the states but reads the same here....

Edit: okay I’m stupid...shame on me using my phone to look at pop up details without my glasses on, I thought both are a list per car but the pop up includes premium and partial premium list....disregard this thread....stupid me

Last edited:
Is the Model 3 SR+ just a software limited premium interior? Like, do the back seats actually have seat heaters but you just can't turn them on? It wouldn't make sense to build a new set of back row seats without heaters installed just for the SR+ since it would complicate production.

Is the Model 3 SR+ just a software limited premium interior? Like, do the back seats actually have seat heaters but you just can't turn them on? It wouldn't make sense to build a new set of back row seats without heaters installed just for the SR+ since it would complicate production.
Yes, the rear seat heaters are one of the software limited features. You can only turn on the front ones in the SR+ and it is widely believed that the rear seats do have the heater hardware but they are inaccessible.

I'm still lamenting the no show for the white interior. I know Elon has said its being put back as an option, I hope so for us here too. I think it was a UK inquiry he responded to. Just an interesting note, I went to the US site to read a bit more about their white interior, and it states when you click "preferred" - "Black and White interior includes our most premium materials, maximizing comfort and aesthetics while maintaining our rigorous standards for durability and stain resistance."
So they do market it as an upgrade in material too, not just a colour change. (I do realise it costs more.)