Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 passenger sideview mirror overextending

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Issue: Model 3 passenger sideview mirror overextends to the point the mirror isnt visible from inside the car.

This is extremely strange to me as the mirror functions properly otherwise. The steering wheel controls work to move the mirror itself and if i use the fold/unfold command it fold/unfolds smoothly. The only issue is as it unfolds it continue unfolding to this overextended position.

Does anyone have any experience with this / have any idea what could have gone wrong with the sideview mirror?

Backstory: I recently took my model 3 to be wrapped by a shop who has done countless tesla wraps & chrome deletes. Upon picking up my car, everything was perfect, except the owner of the shop informed me that my sideview mirror on the passenger side was overextending when it would unfold. While he has taken full responsibility and is going to fix it, I do not want to wait for him to do it if its a simple fix / was hoping to get insight if anyone has experienced this before.

*Please note the mirror was perfectly fine before going into the shop for work 2 days ago, meaning this occurred while my car was being wrapped.

The mirrors are typically removed when they wrap a car, so they have likely reassembled it improperly. I would take it back to the shop and tell them what the problem is to see if they can resolve it. It should be a fairly straight forward fix unless they broke something and don't want to admit that.

Reactions: nayr14
The mirrors are typically removed when they wrap a car, so they have likely reassembled it improperly. I would take it back to the shop and tell them what the problem is to see if they can resolve it. It should be a fairly straight forward fix unless they broke something and don't want to admit that.
I suspected as much since the issue clearly started while the car was there and multiple restarts havent fixed it meaning it must be a hardware issue.

Here is a photo of specifically what is wrong. The mirror looks completely normal when folded in and everything else works properly other than unfolding.
image0.jpeg

I suspected as much since the issue clearly started while the car was there and multiple restarts havent fixed it meaning it must be a hardware issue.

Here is a photo of specifically what is wrong. The mirror looks completely normal when folded in and everything else works properly other than unfolding.
View attachment 578886
hello, i have the same problem after wrapping. can i ask you how did you fixed this problem?