Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 passenger window glitching

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not a typical problem and could not find this all over the forum. My front passenger window starts working intermittently. Sometimes it would stop responding to switches all the way both from drivers side or from the passenger side. Tried reboot, tried calibration with no luck. It seems like theres a connection glitch on the window itself which stops them operating from both driver and passenger switches. Thought about the anti pinch feature but seems that the window rolls fine with no resistance. Whenever the window stops working, it wont fully closed up to the frame when doors is open and then closed.

Last edited by a moderator:
(moderator note: OP I removed the link you had in your post as it was a link to dropbox, which can contain all sorts of file types ,etc. If you would like to share the video you can upload it to a video site like youtube or something, that doesnt do (embedded files (easily).

I had this happen once on mine. Passenger window, both front and back, would not roll or down, or behaved intermittently. I too tried reboots, etc and nothing worked. Was about to make a service appointment then I got an OTA update. Problem went away and has not come back for over a year now.

I had this happen once on mine. Passenger window, both front and back, would not roll or down, or behaved intermittently. I too tried reboots, etc and nothing worked. Was about to make a service appointment then I got an OTA update. Problem went away and has not come back for over a year now.
Thanks for the response man. I havent really been opening passenger window as its winter here in Aus and only just found out last night when I opened up the window cleaning. What I can see is that when you open it fully up and down maybe about 3 or 4 times the power would cut off everytime. I timed it with stopwatch and its exactly 40sec until it comes back to life. Everytime!! Weird !!!! Whenever its on "dead mode" and I tried opening the passenger door, it would move down below frame as it should, but closing it back doesnt move back up to the frame. You have wait for a bit, open it and close it back for it to close fully. Have lodged mobile service. Its now working but ive only just tried opening and closing it fully once or twice. Im sure if I do it 3 or 4 times it would glitch again.

:(

When this happened to yours, are u able to let me know which switch that would not work? Is it the just the passengers seat switch only or its now responding from the driver's master switch as well?

When this happened to yours, are u able to let me know which switch that would not work? Is it the just the passengers seat switch only or its now responding from the driver's master switch as well?
For sure, from the drivers master switch. I’m 90% sure I tried passenger side too but it’s been awhile. Neither one would work, while it was broken. One downer here, when the passenger side first failed to roll down, I tried to open the door do see what would happen while at a stop light. Well the door opened but the window did not drop as it’s supposed to. I couldn’t reclose the door and damnit that light turns green. I was able to pull to the side of the road and sort of flex the window until I could latch the door. But my first attempt at closing the door put a little dent in my chrome. I guess I’m lucky that I didn’t break the window altogether.

Last edited:
Not a typical problem and could not find this all over the forum. My front passenger window starts working intermittently. Sometimes it would stop responding to switches all the way both from drivers side or from the passenger side. Tried reboot, tried calibration with no luck. It seems like theres a connection glitch on the window itself which stops them operating from both driver and passenger switches. Thought about the anti pinch feature but seems that the window rolls fine with no resistance. Whenever the window stops working, it wont fully closed up to the frame when doors is open and then closed.
Well, if you haven't fixed it, try disconnect the bottom puddle light and reattach again, maybe it's loose, or try swap it with other door light see if it helps. The puddle light is responsible for calibration

Late reply, maybe better to swap the puddle lights or get a new one, as Tesla told me it controlled the calibration