Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance 0-200kph (124mph) times available?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
duty_calls.png

If you look at the history behind this method (from dragstrips way before the VBOX was invented) it makes sense because that's really the only way one could reliably measure acceleration times at different locations in the country. IMHO arguing about a 1 foot rollout is pretty pedantic for a car that will outlaunch anything short of a Z06.

Literally nobody is arguing about "should they report with 1 foot rollout or not"

Every car mag uses it, and AFAIK all car makers use it too.

That's not, at all, the issue.

The debate is about the dishonesty of Tesla reporting the P number with rollout (like everyone else does), but reporting the non-P models without it.

Creating an artificially large advertised gap, that does not exist in the real world, between their most expensive trim level and the cheaper ones.

If you look at the history behind this method (from dragstrips way before the VBOX was invented) it makes sense because that's really the only way one could reliably measure acceleration times at different locations in the country. IMHO arguing about a 1 foot rollout is pretty pedantic for a car that will outlaunch anything short of a Z06.

In your first sentence you agree that fast cars should have rollouts. Then you state that rollouts are pedantic. So which is it? Is there a reason you are ignoring the facts and trying to support that this isn't a big deal for any other reason you've yet to mention?

It's not that we are being pedantic, it's that the facts are clearly there and we have a few folks here defending the opposite out of what I can only assume is fanboyism. This is frustrating when all that is needed is simple acceptance of the facts and moving on.

Yeah, it's probably all in my head. :) Without all the noise and vibration racket along with the lack of gear changing the EV does disconnect me a bit. I thought I'd miss the 'road connection' but I guess I'm just turning into an old fart and love my "fast" Buick (that's an old person car joke for you EU folks). I can tell when I'm romping the Tesla cause I sorta grunt / tense up from the Gs.

Funny how quickly we adapt. After about a month of ownership the Tesla started to feel 'slow'. It was just a matter of perspective though cause I was still putting bus lengths on people behind me at stop lights without evening noticing it.

Ye will be sorta missed. I bagged on you kinda hard, you were a blast to scoot around in and zip thru traffic
03981966838478046665.jpg

Hello thar beautiful <3
72966012349918460084.jpg
That is a really lovely picture of a really lovely car. My M3P is coming on lease next April when I hand back my Mercedes AMG 35. Can't wait!

Great thread, I was initially shopping used RS3's before ordering the M3P (still waiting). It's nice to see the comparisons from other M3P owners that came from quick ICE cars.

Welcome to TMC!

If you are into feedback about that topic, you might find this pretty long thread on the topic interesting:

Welcome to TMC!

If you are into feedback about that topic, you might find this pretty long thread on the topic interesting:

Thank you! I'll check it out.