Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance 0-60 time of 2.998 achieved by DragTimes with V2019.36.2.1 (1 ft rollout)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really don't care about drag racing but fun problem to think about.

First light is stationary. Second light is on a track initially sitting against the first light. When first light is set to prestage second light moves away and stops when beam goes over edge of tire. Now the distance to trigger second light is insignificant.

According to DragTimes the latest power update now rockets the M3P up to 60 mph in just 2.9s

Can anyone confirm?

I saw 0-60 in 3.06 on factory aeros/all seasons on 10/2/19 before the software update. I can definitely feel the power boost from this latest update, so I have no doubts it will be down in the 2.9x range now. Only problem is I'm on Michelin X-ice tires now which struggle to grip when giving it more than about 2/3 throttle, so I won't be able to get a true test until the snow tires come off unfortunately.

BAxsJf5oHZgLyXfba3KeKWXgD7GRauVseFKmcPzthaz9Ikt-F6Z9FT05FS7gskDS6r7SAlC4dcA6CEtOPp4ICAZgjMbEUPTjboUJ_0Qv61txQqO5eZrjHG44kbAH__cD2maTASvktcNgQhv0YHOhqddU-Yw6ZyfoJ5972SC0Z_B-k2GEkErkSMkVapEP0TIcBOQn3b0cZs7GM1vjLJBv2vgvZIbhguHIGlbGYMBMWOnyktxtU27M18C9dWriDQiP0fRtEjPz4nFlLp9Y-jeCYcJDy2lqbsCJdeFJdQ4pXxzRg0eM9iseJuU8Pt5BN2IlC_J2ctbz0SWxmpmjs0IydFYOrYLcxwVXhl5jW1iTGvo07pHocfTJRx4luqq9kUzsvENN4RJWEdbXc57e8fQeSOOcF0rY4VnQQqTSZ6tCcnt4adCs7F3dyiLGjAST_yP4WMmN0aXM1YBwWXhkSci19zb4To3JlclqNKRdfTDg0O4FL8o2L8mHozqkNV-BaN6-UdMAoohWPWaEG-kdoD5hUzjAmBONdM2fWyWH6TlgtYuMRwpJ6TG1mJhzQUx-U3xCv3lEjfFC3k6kkGfD1I-qBdlzUJN7iIwMJZMHn3Z-WRlW6osuqnWTi7qbFFHEK1xQF-BuCfcUG3aIzB1AJXhFHqpp4IJMQfwEW4NHfXI2tnupUzHA-T4WTDbpsXgNejkm5GbUg1cegIQQlaRaQUd4Cuoh-dm0P9giA-Cja81rQh7NDkLI=w518-h921-no

Because they are both Tesla, and both Performance, and thus has presumably the same biases and "creativity" w/r/t rollout and other factors...

Do we have a 2019.36.x comparison of (stock except for ludicrous upgrade) S P85D and (stock) M3P? I'm curious if 2019.36.x brought the M3P ahead of the S P85D, or if the S P85D remains even or ahead due to corresponding S improvements in 2019.36.x.

My recollection:
M3P original official 0-60mph was 3.5s, later revised to 3.3s IIRC.
P85D original official 0-60mph was 3.2s, improved to 2.9s with Ludicrous upgrade IIRC. (P90D was 2.8s.)

Seems the right time to remind everyone Tesla extra-cheats in their advertised times....

All P models of their cars list 0-60 with rollout.

Non-P models don't.

Anyway it's looking like the rollout #s post-latest-power-bump are about 3.0 (with one guy having managed a 2.998) for the P and 3.9 (at least one guy having hit 3.86) for the AWD.... which is pretty consistent gap-wise with the 3.1 and 4.0 car mags were getting with each previous to this update and using rollout.

~3.9 0-60 (3.86 is the best draggy result I've seen).... 1/4 mile around 12.2-12.3@115
If that's accurate, I usually add 0.3 seconds for rollout compensation, which would give something along the lines of 4.2 seconds, which is fairly impressive.

Because they are both Tesla, and both Performance, and thus has presumably the same biases and "creativity" w/r/t rollout and other factors...

Do we have a 2019.36.x comparison of (stock except for ludicrous upgrade) S P85D and (stock) M3P? I'm curious if 2019.36.x brought the M3P ahead of the S P85D, or if the S P85D remains even or ahead due to corresponding S improvements in 2019.36.x.

There are no S improvements for the P85D.

The improvements were to the control of the perm-magnet motor- which only the 3 and the very newest Raven S/X vehicles come with.

My recollection:

That revision was entirely Tesla dishonestly switching to using rollout for the P3D (but not switching any non-P model to that measurement). No actual change in performance.

It dropped to the (currently listed) 3.2 after the first SW power update earlier this year.

It MAY get updated again down to 3.1 or 3.0 based on the most recent update.

P85D original official 0-60mph was 3.2s, improved to 2.9s with Ludicrous upgrade IIRC. (P90D was 2.8s.)

P85D was last listed at 3.1 regular, 2.8 with ludicrous...so I'd expect the current P3D to beat the non-lud version.

• Informative
Reactions: davedavedave
My recollection:
That revision was entirely Tesla dishonestly switching to using rollout for the P3D (but not switching any non-P model to that measurement). No actual change in performance.
I know you like using that word, even incorrectly. But that's irrelevant.

The 3.3 was with rollout as were the numbers shown for the P85D which is why I called it out as it made the S and 3 numbers easier to compare, despite what you think of that change philosophically. I didn't say anything about what the actual performance change was or wasn't. I was describing Tesla documentation.

You really need to stop beating the same dead horse; it's not going to make people agree with your more. It just makes them ready to ignore you more.

Reactions: kingtizzy007
I know you like using that word, even incorrectly. But that's irrelevant.

The 3.3 was with rollout as were the numbers shown for the P85D which is why I called it out as it made the S and 3 numbers easier to compare, despite what you think of that change philosophically. I didn't say anything about what the actual performance change was or wasn't. I was describing Tesla documentation.

You really need to stop beating the same dead horse; it's not going to make people agree with your more. It just makes them ready to ignore you more.
Don't do it. We don't need another thread derailed with the 0-60 rollout shenanigans. You should know that if you poke at Knightshade he'll always respond :mad:

Why doesn't Tesla use rollout to measure ALL their cars? That just baffles me.

Some data from using my dragy device I received today:
SoC: 90% at starting
Temp: 58Degrees F
Tire pressure (on car display: 45-46 PSI)

Did a few runs, right after AC slow charging.

With slip start off, averaged 3.3ish (3.1 with 1 ft roll out)
with slip start got a few 3.27 runs(3.07 with 1 ft roll out)

Model 3 performance with 20 inch wheels, otherwise stock
and yes car is updated to 2019.36.12

Anyone else having similar data?

Some data from using my dragy device I received today:
SoC: 90% at starting
Temp: 58Degrees F
Tire pressure (on car display: 45-46 PSI)

Did a few runs, right after AC slow charging.

With slip start off, averaged 3.3ish (3.1 with 1 ft roll out)
with slip start got a few 3.27 runs(3.07 with 1 ft roll out)

Model 3 performance with 20 inch wheels, otherwise stock
and yes car is updated to 2019.36.12

Anyone else having similar data?
Yes, I just did it today, 87% SOC, battery was not warmed up, but no dots on the right side. 8” incline, so basically flat.
3.04 with 1 Foot Rollout, using the external antenna to make sure i get the best GPS signal possible.

That is the fastest I’ve done with 40.50.1 - P3D-Stealth
B5AF089E-D62A-4A33-9394-A1F8DD50C82F.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: PhaseWhite