Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Accident

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had an accident. Lady ran a red light and T-boned me. I need Tesla approved body shops. And why did this side airbag not deploy??
20220126_133403.jpg
20220126_133353.jpg
20220126_135502.jpg

Glad it appears that you are ok (assuming that since you are here posting about this)

Airbags deploying or not is..... let me stop for a second. The fact that you are posting on a website after that collision, is fairly indicative that the car protected you properly, airbags deploying or no. They deploy when they need to, basically.

The website tesla has for bodyshops is here:

I put in Houston Tx and got the following:

• Tesla Collision Houston​

14520 Wagg Way RdHouston, TX 77041346-206-7273
    map
  • Katy Coach Works​

27 Reviews1180 Blalock Rd.Houston, TX 77055713-465-6225Learn more
    map
  • Collision Plus​

18 Reviews7628 Bellaire BlvdHouston, TX 77036(713) 988-5489Learn more
    map
  • Sterling McCall Restoration Center​

2 Reviews12202 Murphy RoadStafford, TX 77477(281) 848-4900Learn more
    map
  • Caliber Collision Austin - Metric Blvd​

10420 Metric BlvdAustin, TX 78758(512) 233-0460Learn more
    map
  • Covert Collision Center​

11 Reviews8950 Research BlvdAustin, TX 78758(512) 476-4101Learn more
    map
  • Autocraft BodyWerks​

30 Reviews5411 Wasson RdAustin, TX 78745512-441-7444Learn more
    map

You might consider if anyone has any feedback on any of these in the Texas subforum here:

God I feel bad for you. It hurts to see a damaged Tesla!

Seeing your pictures reminds of my own accident last summer, same scenario, a drunk guy ran a red light and hit me on the rear wheel. It took two months to repair... 😡

Hope you're ok though! But I guess so since you were able to post in here.

Sending you good vibes for all the trouble coming with insurance, repairs and all that...

PS: I was not able to see videos, they show as private for me as well.

God I feel bad for you. It hurts to see a damaged Tesla!

Seeing your pictures reminds of my own accident last summer, same scenario, a drunk guy ran a red light and hit me on the rear wheel. It took two months to repair... 😡

Hope you're ok though! But I guess so since you were able to post in here.

Sending you good vibes for all the trouble coming with insurance, repairs and all that...

PS: I was not able to see videos, they show as private for me as well.
Thanks mate. I'm ok, I just miss my car already.

Reactions: MaskedRacerX
Been in a very similar accident (old vehicle). But it was a person making a left and drove into the side of me. In my case the airbag deployed, which I wish it hadn't. It caused more injury than would have protected me from. However yours looks like a stronger impact and likely should have deployed.

Did Tesla respond to the lack of airbag deployment?

My first thought was that they had supply chain issues and just decided not to install it. (Sarcasm) but seriously concerning.

Is the other driver okay, too? The left repeater video shows that she had trouble getting out of her car and that there was some fluid leaking.
...with video proof of her fault.
The video doesn't proof that. It shows that OP had a green light, so he wasn't at fault. Whether the lady ran the red light or stopped and someone rear-ended her, pushing her car into OP's car, is not shown in the videos. I wish we had access to the door pillar videos, that would probably show what happened there.

Reactions: BigNick
seriously concerning.

Why? Based on the outcome - no serious injury - the car very clearly made the right call.

Rate of speed, angle of impact, direction of travel, and so much more is all taken into account in a split second when the car makes an impact decision.

It clearly made the right one (thankfully, @graphic is ok!) so rather than “concerning” I’d use the word “impressive”.

I’d argue that the only thing an airbag deployment here would’ve done is make things worse and potentially injure @graphic . You’ve been involved in an airbag deployment before, so you understand the force of impact its deployment brings.

@graphic - very sorry for the loss of your car, but if there were ever a time to feel as though buying a Tesla was the right call, it’s now. More than ever.

My neck hurts after a few hours, but mostly my ego; I'm driving a gas guzzling Mustang now😢😢
Go to Hertz and rent another Model 3.

Most insurance will have you in a loaner--you pay for it as part of your policy! In the end, the Toyota driver's insurance will cover it so this is an odd situation that you've allowed.

Your car will be out of service for months, if it's not totaled, so best to get out of that Mustang ASAP. We only have one planet and dumping more GHG's just increases the risks of very, very bad outcomes.

(Watch "Don't Look Up" for more color on this, then read the article below.)