Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Badging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_0395.jpeg
I took a drive to Fremont this week and had the Tesla Factory tour. Very cool but a little short and it just whet my appetite for more. Had breakfast in Santa Cruz yesterday and stopped at the Casa De Fruita and Harris Ranch Superchargers on my way back South. While charging at Harris Ranch, there was a Tesla Mobile Tech parked in the lot as he had to replace a customers remote batteries for their Model X. My friend struck up a conversation with him and he ended up offering to place my badging on my Model 3. He had the jig and badge in his van and cleaned the surface and bingo. Looks pretty good. Unfortunately, the car is a buggy mess and I have to wait until Monday to let the glue cure. He did mention that Tesla is planning on doing a few installation parties at the Harris Ranch facility for those still requiring badging.

BTW, there is no new information on the spoilers. The mobile tech said that he has seen a demo Model 3 on the store floor with a spoiler so they may be getting closer on that front.

Reactions: lozza
I have a "stealth" P3D, and I've decided not to do a badge at all.

I've purchased the T-Sportline spoiler, and I'm having it wrapped and installed this week. Ironically, I'll have it on my car sooner than the people who paid for the OEM upgrade....

Can someone who has had the performance badge installed with the jig at a service center do me a favor? I need to polish off my ceramic coating in the area of the badge install and want to tape it off and just buff the area of the mounting spot, so a quick measure of badge dimensions and distance from side and bottom of trunk edge would be most appreciated. Was notified by Tesla that they are ready to install my spoiler and badge. Thanks.