TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 Performance Brake Specifications

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by ZeroRider, Jul 2, 2018.

1. ZeroRider

ZeroRider Member

After Elon confirmed that the Model 3 Performance would include "Sport level brakes", now confirmed to only be available with Performance Upgrades package due to the massive size of the brakes only fitting in the included 20" wheels (or apparently an extremely tight squeeze if owners retrofit with the 19"s), I think many of us have wondered about the specifications of these "Sport Level" brakes.

In a bit of research, I believe I've potentially identified the brake rotors as the Brembo Light Brake Disc Concept rotors. My reasons for this guess:

1. Brembo has been Tesla's brakes supplier for S/X
    2. Distinctive "teeth" appearing on the front rotor hat
    3. Really impressive specifications: 15% weight reduction for improved overall driving efficiency, high performance with 300 km/h (186 mph) performance rating, long life with resistance to corrosion rating of 20 years. (Source: Brembo manufacturer's website and Brembo Light Brake Disc Concept Video)

While I think these are likely Model 3PD's rotors, has anyone taken a high-res photo of the calipers so we can attempt to identify them?!

Attached Files:

• Helpful x 1
  2. SD_Engnr

SD_Engnr Member

Where/when was this confirmed?

Nice find on those brembo rotors. There's another shot of the rotors here.

• Like x 1
  3. Petra

Petra Member

I certainly haven't seen anything official... people are still being told all sorts of things by Tesla's front line staff. *shrug*

4. Toddl3

Toddl3 Member

My brake warning light stays illuminated for about 2 minutes after starting and then goes off.
    Model 3 is only 2 days old.

Any thoughts. Dealer said not low brake fluid

5. e-FTW

e-FTW New electron smell

I recommend calling Tesla service directly. Unless that is what you meant.
    Also, starting your own thread if you cannot find an answer around here is a better approach. That would avoid parallel discussions. Welcome to the forums!

6. Evoixse

Evoixse Member

Unless your an engineer for tesla and know something concrete that we dont, it's all just speculation.