Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Brake Specifications

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After Elon confirmed that the Model 3 Performance would include "Sport level brakes", now confirmed to only be available with Performance Upgrades package due to the massive size of the brakes only fitting in the included 20" wheels (or apparently an extremely tight squeeze if owners retrofit with the 19"s), I think many of us have wondered about the specifications of these "Sport Level" brakes.

In a bit of research, I believe I've potentially identified the brake rotors as the Brembo Light Brake Disc Concept rotors. My reasons for this guess:

1. Brembo has been Tesla's brakes supplier for S/X
2. Distinctive "teeth" appearing on the front rotor hat
3. Really impressive specifications: 15% weight reduction for improved overall driving efficiency, high performance with 300 km/h (186 mph) performance rating, long life with resistance to corrosion rating of 20 years. (Source: Brembo manufacturer's website and Brembo Light Brake Disc Concept Video)

While I think these are likely Model 3PD's rotors, has anyone taken a high-res photo of the calipers so we can attempt to identify them?!

Attachments

• Model 3PD brakes Elon tweet.JPG
    Model 3PD brakes Elon tweet.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 304
  • Brembo brakes.jpg
    Brembo brakes.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 302
  • Helpful
Reactions: TexasTeslaRacing
After Elon confirmed that the Model 3 Performance would include "Sport level brakes", now confirmed to only be available with Performance Upgrades package due to the massive size of the brakes only fitting in the included 20" wheels (or apparently an extremely tight squeeze if owners retrofit with the 19"s), I think many of us have wondered about the specifications of these "Sport Level" brakes.

Where/when was this confirmed?

Nice find on those brembo rotors. There's another shot of the rotors here.

Reactions: e-FTW
My brake warning light stays illuminated for about 2 minutes after starting and then goes off.
Model 3 is only 2 days old.

Any thoughts. Dealer said not low brake fluid
I recommend calling Tesla service directly. Unless that is what you meant.
Also, starting your own thread if you cannot find an answer around here is a better approach. That would avoid parallel discussions. Welcome to the forums!