Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 performance delivery in winter with 20" summer tires.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

Does anyone know if tesla will change my tires if i bring them to my delivery appointment? Can i ask them to actually change my tires? I havent received my VIN yet or delivery date, but im curious to know if it is something that they offer. Im in montreal and winter is right around the corner. The last thing i want is to drive my brand new p3d in 15 inches of snow if i receive it in dec with 20" summer tires. Has anyone ever had this service offered? If not what did you do.

Btw the tires are already on new wheels. 18" EV01+

I was also concerned about this (middle of winter in Colorado). I decided to hold out for a stealth P but before that my main concern was that tire places don't always know what they are doing (even if they say they do) and they can damage the battery pack trying to use a lift or jacking from the wrong place. My thought was to buy an pre-mounted snow tire/wheel package, throw them in my truck with my low-profile floor jack and some model 3 jack pads and then try to change them in the Tesla delivery center parking lot hoping no one would notice. If that didn't work, then I would drive to a nearby parking lot (if no snow on the ground) and attempt it there (maybe a business district on the weekend or an auto part store) so at least I have the snows for the mountain pass.

Another option was to rent a truck and auto trailer (about $500) and tow it back home but if there's heavy snow that could also be handful.

I'm sure the SC will install the wheels(with tires already mounted) for you rather than have you drive away on Summers...

If not... bring a jack and a tesla adapter, and start to do the swap in their parking lot... do it slowly, and I bet its not even jacked up before they change their mind and bring it in the bay. (This was to OP, not in response to Mr. Burrito)

I'm sure the SC will install the wheels(with tires already mounted) for you rather than have you drive away on Summers...

If not... bring a jack and a tesla adapter, and start to do the swap in their parking lot... do it slowly, and I bet its not even jacked up before they change their mind and bring it in the bay. (This was to OP, not in response to Mr. Burrito)
Thank you, i will try my luck when they call me to schedule my delivery appointement. Ill keep everyone posted.