Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Model 3 Performance Faster Than Advertised – 0-60 MPH in 3.18 Seconds

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]

It seems there may be a bit more performance than advertised for the Tesla Model 3 Performance version.

YouTuber Erik Strait posted a video testing the 0-60 mph time of the car, which Tesla says is 3.5 seconds. Strait, however, was able to repeatedly record a time of 3.3 seconds to 60 mph. Then, with a 99 percent charge, he hit 3.18 seconds.

The Model 3 Performance used in the test sported the 20″ Performance Wheels and Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires.

Check out the video below.

[/vc_column_text][vc_video link=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4TJDidF-fw” video_title=”1″][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want the best 0-60 time possible take it to a sticky drag strip. There is one I love in Denton, TX. With a warm battery and tires, I’m hoping for sub 3.1. Without launch mode I don’t see any sub 3 second runs in this trim.

When I had my P100D there was a marginal difference in 0-60 times between the 19” Slipstreams and 21” Arachnids. < one tenth difference. IMO the more expensive rims are not worth the $$$. Only good for appearance and slightly better handling.

• Love
Reactions: Brando
A little sixteen year old girl might even be better. Yes??

hansenlol.jpg

Possibly naive question: that guy lives in Colorado, but I don't think he revealed his testing location? If it's at a really high altitude (like in the rock mountains somewhere) could the thinner air be helping him get these 0-60 times?