Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 performance for half off?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys im new here but i made an account to ask this question. My Tesla account does weird things when I leave it idle. For example when i first registered and reserved my model 3 I didnt qant yo pay the 1000 dollars yet so I just stopped at the very end didn't exist just put my phone away and left the page as is. Later I had a reservation email and number and I never paid the 1k. I found out that this was a glitch and that reservation didnt count. Tesla fixed the error after a while on hold going back and forth and backdated my reservation although when they did that they put it for 10 days earlier than I had origi ally ordered it. However a few days ago I was looking to update my model 3 awd to performance. I was reviewing options on their site to modify my order. I did not proceed to change my order. The next day I found an email saying confirmation of order changes. They upgraded me to the performance model 64k value. The total cost would have been about 65,200. They sent me a purchase agreement with a total price half of what the performance cost.. I wanted to find out if they had to honor this price. I didnt not make any changes and they changed my order, which caused my delivery date to be pushed back now states Nov to Dec which then may cause me to lose the full federal tax incentive. Has anyone else had something like this happen?
The website AND the purchase agreement literally say this price. I sign our sign in again it's still there.. do you think they will let this pass? I am so mad tesla keeps screwing my order when I dont make any of the changes.
Thanks for any help guys

If your delivery date ends up being before Jan 1 2019 then you will be eligible for the full tax credit (provided you have sufficient tax burden).
Yea my other main concern is how the heck did my price end up in the high 20s for a performance model 3? Has anyone had this happen and do you think tesla would honor this mistake would they even see this? I want to call them but I'm afraid they will just put me into the regular performance for 65k that I didnt even order. It was their system that changed this on its own. I dont know what to do.

Yea my other main concern is how the heck did my price end up in the high 20s for a performance model 3? Has anyone had this happen and do you think tesla would honor this mistake would they even see this? I want to call them but I'm afraid they will just put me into the regular performance for 65k that I didnt even order. It was their system that changed this on its own. I dont know what to do.
No one on TMC can answer your question with any authority nor can they resolve your situation.

Call Tesla and talk to them.

Reactions: MXWing
Same thing happened to my most recent order agreement showing funny numbers, but the full amount shows correctly on the estimated payment method.

Keep in mind that the final Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement along with the full cost of your vehicle needs to be signed by both Tesla and yourself prior to delivery and there is no one they'd ever allow that to happen. What you have right now is just a preliminary estimate that is no way legally binding. The final MVPA is meant to protect you AND them before taking delivery.

• Informative
Reactions: MXWing
Same thing happened to my most recent order agreement showing funny numbers, but the full amount shows correctly on the estimated payment method.

Keep in mind that the final Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement along with the full cost of your vehicle needs to be signed by both Tesla and yourself prior to delivery and there is no one they'd ever allow that to happen. What you have right now is just a preliminary estimate that is no way legally binding. The final MVPA is meant to protect you AND them before taking delivery.
Yea my motor vehicle purchase agreement and the website shows this. I am not sure what is going on. I wonder if these are legally binding I'm gonna call tesla tomorrow but I will kick myself if they would have honored their mistake.

Attachments

• 20180815_213824.jpg
    20180815_213824.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 85
Yea. Just about. I mean I havent told tesla anything not submitted a credit app. The website shows the same price too. The weirdest thing is I was looking at the configurator but never hit next I left it as is and also never left the screen. The next morning I got the email confirming my "change"

Yeah, the amount you see on the MVPA has a mistake where it subtracts the amount you're planning on financing. I got the same error on mine:
Configuration changes after VIN assignment (lose premium connectivity)

Yeah, the amount you see on the MVPA has a mistake where it subtracts the amount you're planning on financing. I got the same error on mine:
That makes sense but tesla doesnt know what I'm planning on financing. They wouldnt know if im putting 5k down or 35 down. I checked your link I didnt see anything such as a price error. I expect to pay 65k but I'm scared, the dates moved from Sept-Nov now say Oct-Dec. I dont don't want to lose the 7500. I wonder when they would deliver my car based on those ranges and why it changed supposedly performance models have less demand higher price maybe arrive quicker. My previous configuration was an awd.

Wait I figured it out based on your pictures. It's not adding the base price of the model 3 35k. So its charging us 29k for the upgrades. So now me and you actually have the same exact glitch. What is the update on your so far? Has it changed back? Did you call tesla? I'm gonna stick to you like glue until this gets solved lol

• Funny
Reactions: hoang51
It's pretty obvious to me, and anyone reading it, that there is a problem. That will tend to invalidate it pretty quickly.
So you ain't going to get it for half price.
Yea, I am asking many things in this post if you want to read what I have written it's not just getting it half off. Thanks for the input though. Hope.i can get this cleared out but wouldnt it be awesome to get it for that price!

Yea, I am asking many things in this post if you want to read what I have written it's not just getting it half off. Thanks for the input though. Hope.i can get this cleared out but wouldnt it be awesome to get it for that price!

It would be amazing, but I believe its just a glitch in the MVPA system not the entire ordering chain. I'm actually a bit futher along in the process due to my previous RWD order and the final payment system shows the correct amount, so its simply the contract system that screwed up.

Hopefully you'll not get a (bad dream) message like this:

"Thank you for your recent order. We apologize for the confusion with the configurator.. For your convenience, we've resubmitted your order reflecting yesterdays price increase and one month of free Supercharging. Your new delivery estimate will be January-February 2019."