Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance full XPEL Ultimate wrap and Gtechniq HALO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

elvar

Mar 13, 2019
US
After owning my Model 3 Performance for a week I took it to get washed and waxed by a place I used to take my previous car. Upon picking it up I noticed all sorts of swirls and micro scratches. I couldn't handle this amazing new car having these imperfections so I started looking into paint protection options along with installers. I ended up taking it to Chicago Auto Pros who first performed a two step paint correction, then put on a full XPEL Ultimate wrap, and lastly applied a Gtechniq HALO coating on top of the ppf.

Knowing I was spending $8,400.00 to have all of this done I was a bit anxious to say the least... until I saw the final result. When I arrived to pick up my car I was seriously blown away by how good it looked. It was noticeably better than when I took delivery. The peace of mind I have now knowing the paint is protected from small rocks and bugs and that I can wash it without worrying about scratches and swirls is very pleasing. I can't recommend Chicago Auto Pros enough. These guys are true professionals.

Album Pics - Tesla M3 Performance

Where: Chicago Auto Pros
Cost: $8,400.00

Attachments

• IMG_8265.JPG
    IMG_8265.JPG
    475.4 KB · Views: 881
  • IMG_8277.JPG
    IMG_8277.JPG
    780.8 KB · Views: 814
The other good news is, even if you don't wash it very often, it'll still look really shiny and clean, which is AMAZING considering it's black (I have a Black S that's got the PPF as well). Anyone who has or have had a Black car will know what I'm talking about...

• Informative
Reactions: Dre78
After owning my Model 3 Performance for a week I took it to get washed and waxed by a place I used to take my previous car. Upon picking it up I noticed all sorts of swirls and micro scratches. I couldn't handle this amazing new car having these imperfections so I started looking into paint protection options along with installers. I ended up taking it to Chicago Auto Pros who first performed a two step paint correction, then put on a full XPEL Ultimate wrap, and lastly applied a Gtechniq HALO coating on top of the ppf.

Knowing I was spending $8,400.00 to have all of this done I was a bit anxious to say the least... until I saw the final result. When I arrived to pick up my car I was seriously blown away by how good it looked. It was noticeably better than when I took delivery. The peace of mind I have now knowing the paint is protected from small rocks and bugs and that I can wash it without worrying about scratches and swirls is very pleasing. I can't recommend Chicago Auto Pros enough. These guys are true professionals.

Album Pics - Tesla M3 Performance

Where: Chicago Auto Pros
Cost: $8,400.00
@elvar Love the car - I have the exact same setup! I'm scheduled to add Xpel to my car and tints in the next few weeks. What % tint did you use for the front and back?

I'm planning on doing Spectra Photosync but iffy on the darkness. You did a great job, most tinting jobs look way too dark for me!!