Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance interior dome lights dimming on and off on its own.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So i just noticed today the interior dome lights are dimming on and off on its own every 2 secs. Normally it would just dim off on its own after about a minute. I already reset the car and that didn’t do anything. Also noticed the glove box light is not working. Could that be a cause or could it be a fuse or a programming issue. Never had this problem before. Anyone else have this problem...

So i just noticed today the interior dome lights are dimming on and off on its own every 2 secs. Normally it would just dim off on its own after about a minute. I already reset the car and that didn’t do anything. Also noticed the glove box light is not working. Could that be a cause or could it be a fuse or a programming issue. Never had this problem before. Anyone else have this problem...
Did you ever find a solution to this? I just hit this issue tonight. It is taking out my vanity mirror lights and hazard light too, every 2-3 seconds.

I requested a software update via the service option in the Tesla service app and within 60 minutes they had responded and sent me one. I installed the update and it totally fixed the issue. One interesting note, I was on 2021.4.12.2 and the update was for the exact same version. I don't know exactly how pushing the same software to the car fixes it, but I'm glad it worked. Thanks again!

Reactions: dmd2005